Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putter from Fringe

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 7 2010 9:50 AM (8 replies)
  • mountainview
    40 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 9:23 AM

Please change the automatic distance increase from the fringe...it is annoying and detrimental.  If I want to change the distance I will do it.  It is never close to accurate.

• HANK415
    14 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 9:51 AM

totally agree - it's cost me a few times - why would i expect a 12-foot putt to have a 50-foot meter. 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 6:05 PM

Hey fellas,

Check out this post I wrote to another member. It explains why there is an elevated putting value when the ball is on the fringe.

• mountainview
    40 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 9:39 PM

Thanks, Richard.  However, I don't mind putting from the fringe.  However, the point is....if WGT is suggesting a putter, which I understand, I should choose the default distance .  I just expect the putter to be at the normal distance.  i forget to look at the increased distance, sometimes, in the heat of battle.  It's a pain.

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:29 AM

IF I'M ON THE FRINGE......MOST TIMES I JUST FLOP IT. WEATHER IT'S 20 FT OR 9 FT....I ALWAYS GET IT CLOSER WITHOUT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE READ IN THE GREEN. I SEEM TO HOLE OUT A LOT MORE THAT WAY TO

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 6:34 AM

I agree mountainview. I've always said, if we own our clubs, we should be able to set our own default values on them.  : )

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:07 AM

I use the 60 foot meter on almost all my 12 foot putts. The first avatar movement on the 60 foot meter of the daytona is 12 foot. It makes it easier to ding the meter with such a short trip. Many of the better players do that as well.And I use the 30 foot meter for most putts 6 to 10 feet for the same reason. A shorter meter trip makes it much easier to ding it and make the putts. Instead of complaining about the game choosing a longer meter use it to your atvantage.

• mountainview
    40 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 9:51 AM

Thanks, for the comment, Bornto.  However, a criticism of a particular aspect of the game is not necessarily complaining about the game.  In this case, it is a suggestion to make the game more "real world".  For instance, I never heard a caddy say "you are on the fringe...do you want the 60 or 90 foot putter for this one".  :)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2010 9:50 AM

mountainview:
    For instance, I never heard a caddy say "you are on the fringe...do you want the 60 or 90 foot putter for this one".  :)
    Me either... the last time i played with a caddy, he was too busy laughing at me to say anything at all.

/Shrug... what can you do?  =)

RSS