Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Denied participation

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 25 2013 11:13 PM (5 replies)
  • RampagingRodent
    415 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 11:29 PM

I have been a member on WGT for sometime and although I have seen events organised for certain countries, I have never asked WHY??? I actively play both within my CC and on the created WGT events, I don't understand why, because I live in Australia, that I am exempt from playing some events, i.e. the current summertime event on Kaiwah. I suspect that other members would feel somewhat discriminated by these actions.

Rodents rant ..... OUT !!!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 11:49 PM

It happens with sponsored events as the sponsor may only have their products available in certain countries. The fake champagne company for example doesn't allow european winners as their product wouldn't be allowed to be sold within the EU. There are also some gambling restrictions in certain countries which put off providers.

• RampagingRodent
    415 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 4:23 PM

Thanks for the explanation, still a little unclear, sponsorship I can understand, but why haven't WGT identified countries and states with restrictions, and those that don't, and just make exemptions to them. I am aware that some US states have gambling restrictions, does this apply to them as a state even though they fall within a country.

Again, I thank you for the response and explanation.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 5:15 PM

Doenst it take 3 yrs to get mail to AUS?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 10:38 PM

hi

we have to following the following

1. country rules

2. state rules

3. sponsorship rules

when all of those combined, the list sometimes it quite narrow. unfortinately, all of that is out of our control.

-wgticon

• RandyLongmuir
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 11:13 PM

not that I heard of seven day max, goes via Air mail now not sailing ships like it once did via Briton. us edjamacated Aussies use email now fast if the server let it go through today. :-) RandyLongMuir

RSS