Help › Forums

Re: Shame

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:42 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 8:39 PM

I agree TPC. I posted nearly the same thing a few days ago. It's redundant on them Masters part to say the least. I'm still trying to understand what their reasoning is for doing that. Most of them don't even play the free tournaments, you think they would with an average of 57. Quite deceptive on their part.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 10:50 PM

Doublemochaman:

For everyone who thinks the best on this site cheat you need to go read the thread titled: Theory of the DING.  The best WGT golfers only hit the ding about 60- 80% of the time.  You don't need to hit the ding every time to play exceedingly well.

Also, bear in mind that anyone caught cheating with a device such as this will have their account terminated.  Now, if the Avatar Lees and Bollux in Bruges (two of the best) cheated do you think they could stand up under WGT scrutiny and continue to play???

Folks, it's like real golf, you gotta put in the time and you gotta take notes and you gotta practice.

I am finding (After nearly 900 ranked rounds) that missing the ding by 1/2 a millimeter on approach shots will often leave me with 20 foot ++ putts.

This is with the best clubs/balls and 3-5 mph winds and is a very regular occurrence.

Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy?

If you do then you will believe anything that people say on a forum lol

Players that have a 60-80% ding rate would still be in Pro ranks at best unless they had a 100% putting average from any distance? (Or maybe a BIONIC Putter)

In real golf we all have that day when nothing goes wrong. (Once or twice a year maybe?)

Same will happen here you would think but there will always be people who can manipulate their own luck to happen most of the time for their own benefit.

Yes practice certainly helps but if you check out some of the recent up and comers in the pay tournaments, you will find an increasing number of sub 60 average masters that joined only weeks ago.

I for one, enjoy a good round every few days or so and pull my hair out  most other days.

But honestly, Ain't that just like real golf :)

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 12:17 AM

GoldCard:

Doublemochaman:

For everyone who thinks the best on this site cheat you need to go read the thread titled: Theory of the DING.  The best WGT golfers only hit the ding about 60- 80% of the time.  You don't need to hit the ding every time to play exceedingly well.

Also, bear in mind that anyone caught cheating with a device such as this will have their account terminated.  Now, if the Avatar Lees and Bollux in Bruges (two of the best) cheated do you think they could stand up under WGT scrutiny and continue to play???

Folks, it's like real golf, you gotta put in the time and you gotta take notes and you gotta practice.

I am finding (After nearly 900 ranked rounds) that missing the ding by 1/2 a millimeter on approach shots will often leave me with 20 foot ++ putts.

This is with the best clubs/balls and 3-5 mph winds and is a very regular occurrence.

What you are missing is that some are intentionally missing the ding to shape the shot (in a limited way) to better attack a pin position.  The road hole for example... My aim is hardly ever anywhere near the green  on my approach,   I'm hitting a hook onto that green as best I can. You can "miss" into a wind - especially on drives- to place the ball better. Also a dinged shot and a "missed" shot will release different once they hit the green/fairway. My 414 yard drive was not a ding. Neither of my aces were dinged shots.

I bet any cheater program could only get you to the low 60's. To get below that, you really, really, need a great touch, and a lot of finesse. A macro isn't going to get you there.    - not on all the courses.

A macro isn't going to help you read a green - only experience will.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 8:23 AM

I was not insinuating that every person who can shoot extremely low scores does it by cheating ! I believe there are a lot of honest people who not only play this game but put in the practice time as well to be as good as they are !  but if you think that people dont try an cheat the system you are mistaken.

And I do hope that WGT catches them all and expels them permanantly !

• Woosnam27
    5 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 8:43 AM

Hi

Your so right, I used to play off 8 until my 2nd major back opp and only found this game 2 weeks ago first attempt 435, end of week 120,  to day 25th and my 1st $130 pay day.lol bought some new balls, still not sure about parting real cash though.  cant belive these graphics and free too.

Woosie

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 8:48 AM

Find it, email it to wgt.  then email again in a few days to wgt.  Thats what you can do.  They will be punished and removed and wgt will find a way thanks to you for exposing such a cheat which will aid them in being able to detect such things.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 9:13 AM

Excellent point 2xmochaman.  I just purposely missed the ding on a full shot to get the height I wanted and shorter distance so I wouldnt as much spin as choking down.

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 9:39 AM

It is very simple to me:  If i could hit the "ding" on every shot, my average would drop significantly.  Purposely missing the ding or not, a program that allows hitting it every time provides a huge advantage.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:42 AM

Ive only looked at a micro once..several years ago at that when I was playing Jack Nicklaus games..It made you hit perfectly but when putting you had no way to control how far to move the power bar...so for most shots, It would'nt really work, so why bother.

If you argue this point then we know your a micro abuser..lol.

• PAGES
RSS