Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 14 clubs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:07 AM (5 replies)
  • Cheryl294
    69 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 3:51 PM

I know we can only take 14 clubs with us  but why do we have to take the mandatory  8 irons with us. 

In the real game I can choose any 13 clubs plus putter  so why can't I chose which ones to take in the virtual game (case in point  Phil has taken 5 or 6 wedges into a game) I would very readily trade an iron or two for more wedges or fairway woods on some courses but the powers that be say no. Has this ever been brought up in a forum discussion? does anyone else feel the same ?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 7:44 PM

IRL, I'll carry 4 or 5 wedges myself, depending on the course.  I also carry my 3 hybrid and remove the 3 and 4 iron.  

Sad to say, the irons are sets here on WGT, and until they choose to allow us to break said set, we're stuck with only 3 wedges... as long as we're willing to lose the hybrid.

Since I've been active in the forums (late June of this year), this topic has been brought up 4 times to my knowledge.  I'm sure it's been hashed to death prior to that time.  As they say, great minds think alike!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:34 PM

WGT stated that they won't be separating the irons any time soon. I guess it would complicate things for them with all the different permutations.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:46 PM

courteneyfish:

WGT stated that they won't be separating the irons any time soon. I guess it would complicate things for them with all the different permutations.

especially if you chose to "mix and match" your irons.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:34 PM

Just a note on thhis, as WGT explained a few years back...

The iron sets are built (SW wise) as a "set" an not individually like a wood/wedge/etc.

WGT would have to go through each and every set of irons, re write/make each club individually...most likely not going to happen.

• Cheryl294
    69 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:07 AM

:(

RSS