Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Suggestion

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 17 2010 1:18 PM (5 replies)
  • RoSimard
    7 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 12:38 PM

On a real golf course, there is one club that you do not need to spend money on: PUTTER

You just need to stick to one and get used to it.  I can become an excellent putter using a candlestick. 

But that is as long as there is consistency.  This is what I do not have here.  Mainly with 6-12 feet putts and little slope.  You never know when it will stay straight or curve.  Even on flat sometime it curves with a perfect it ???

This is mainly why this game is not exciting.  It took a couple of weeks to learn it, and then you quit because of putting... The game just make no sense on the green

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 1:55 PM

RoSimard... it makes no sense on the greens in real life either.  Have you watched Tiger putt lately?  This game does a good job imitating reality.  Guessing you do not play the real game...

• RoSimard
    7 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 9:04 AM

Your guess is wrong and this is probably because you are guessing at what I am trying to say.

I watched Tiger alot and he does not click to get the ball going.  Played Saturday and I did not click once on the golf course... Lucky me eh!

The point remain that when I am clicking perfect with little slope from 6-12 feet their is no consistency.  Sometime it wil take the slope, sometime it will go straight...

I am in the suggestion forum and I am suggesting to fix it :)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 12:29 PM

RoSimard:
    The point remain that when I am clicking perfect with little slope from 6-12 feet their is no consistency.  Sometime it wil take the slope, sometime it will go straight...

This is happening because you are using a Tour Starter putter with the lowest precision possible.  You will get varied outcomes in direction and distance with  low precision clubs, even with a perfect click.

Again, because of the low precision of the putter, even if you click perfectly, it won't always go where you aim.

Not near as much varied outcomes with a Redwood or Daytona putter, higher precision and they pretty much go where you aim on a perfect click.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 12:42 PM

my problems when putting in the beginning were due to the crappy starter putter.  It wasn't so much the precision ( I think) but the 30ft meter made it difficult to dial in the distance.  Sometimes that extra umph in the wrong distance would blow it through the break, sometimes shorting it on the meter would make it break too much. 

I know the OP frustrations, and I am not saying go buy better clubs, but for putting a 15ft meter helped me immensely dial in the distance which helped me learn the breaks that much better.

Still today though I notice certain putts which dont seem to come off the face with enough pop and some to much.  Just part of the game though.

• RoSimard
    7 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 1:18 PM

Excellent comments and I agree with those facts.

But the fact of real life is now getting on the table.

Real life or WGT I agree to pay for a better club and get better results.

But in real golf, if there is 1 club that it is stupid to pay for, it is the putter.  Get one and play with it... You will get used to it and you don't change that... And you can get very good...

I am personally using the same putter since my Junior days.  The putter of my first $100 Golf Set.

My Suggestion? That WGT provide a putter that you can get used to, and get better...

Actually it is ruining most of my games.

RSS