Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Chess clock

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 19 2010 5:25 AM (7 replies)
  • lbcgolf
    314 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 4:48 PM

It would be cool to play a match like 1 of those chess clocks they use in competition.  Each player is alotted X amount of time to use during the balance of a 9 or 18 hole match.  If you don't budget your shot time correctly, you could run out before the match ends and you lose.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 6:25 PM

would be sweet,   but  have you not read all the whining about the timers lately?   That would be like waving a candy bottle  to attract the babys on here.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 6:39 PM

No doubt Wiz...watch this.

I love "The Beast"

There gonna fly out of the woodwork now.

Bait.

• lbcgolf
    314 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 6:53 PM

Sorry....... you can tell by my post count that I'm not in the forums much.  Just had a hairbrained idea and decided to throw it against the wall to see if it stuck.  Oh well.

So what are the babies saying about the shot clock?  90 secs not enough?  Man, WGT is like real golf in sooo many ways!  Slow play enrages me on both counts, lol.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 7:24 PM

cant agree more!   I thought the 30 sec time clock was a sweet thing,  till I found out  I cant get a game at 30 sec because  everyone thinks it is tooo fast. lol

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 8:54 PM

Look me up wizbang.  I LOVE the 30 sec timer!

.....and danohi please bait that beast and take him somewhere far far away.  If the meter isn't enough to drive ya nuts, 15 yard deviations against the wind on dinged shots will put a person in the loony bin!  I've made peace with the shittttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyy meter but have a hard time rationalizing that lousy, stinkin, no good round ruining, ought to be dragged behind the woodshed, beast on dingers! :-)

If you miss center then you're fair game, but WGT please please please tighten up the parameters on dingers.  Or it could be just another bug that they don't how to fix.....hrmmmm?  WGT certainly seems to ignore any posts or questions about the subject.

I still love the game though and come back for beatings night after night.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 5:25 AM

wizbang360:
    cant agree more!   I thought the 30 sec time clock was a sweet thing,  till I found out  I cant get a game at 30 sec because  everyone thinks it is tooo fast. lol

so far the 30 second clock has been a boon to my game. Seems like all these masters cannot figure out how to shoot before 30, and whoops, they quit. Before you  could adjust to 30, I would wonder what they are doing for 90 seconds, and now I know. They needed that much time to decide if they should shoot or quit

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 6:20 AM

lbcgolf:

It would be cool to play a match like 1 of those chess clocks they use in competition.  Each player is alotted X amount of time to use during the balance of a 9 or 18 hole match.  If you don't budget your shot time correctly, you could run out before the match ends and you lose.

Fantastic idea....would bring about a new avenue for competition...nothing is ever wrong with that!

Harve

RSS