Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Policing Player Accounts

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:48 PM (8 replies)
  • CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 11:29 AM

I could guess - that when the idea of starting an online virtual golf game for profit.... That the last thought would be how to monitor the site for people abusing the rules and regulations established and amended to date. And what to do about it if and when it happens. ............WGT I think its time you have the thought! ..............................................How can this kind of abuse continue,
    How are these accounts even remotely still active and Why not shoot first and ask questions later through the account's email address and on letter head from your attorney. Is it necessary that people continue to abuse this site and its players with out WGT taking immediate steps to delete content, close accounts and ban people for life who think this is an acceptable behavior. Am I alone here?
    Thanks,

<I have gone in to delete re-posted content.  Please see my comment on the subject, below -WGTsky>
  • b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 11:46 AM

I don't know where the was pulled from, but holy crap.  These type of people gotta go. Such a disgrace!

Cheers

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 11:59 AM

I was the first to be attacked by that person.  The first was from someone that Wgt has already told me they are researching, in which that player put their real account name into the body of the message (which I sent to wgt), although that player does not acknowledge it, saying must be somebody else smearing his name.

Each of those accounts were created within 1 day, by the same person.  The first on your list, the name is directed at me.  The 2nd the same thing.  I have been dealing with this *sshole in about 8 posts in the past 24 hours.

WGT is working on it, I have received an email from them saying so. 

According to him, anyone shooting a score under 62 is a cheater.  The persons real account (if you dont believe his story about someone smearing his name) shot a 62 as their last round, in May, and is a match play master, holds a 66 average and wins anywhere from 4 to 10 matches a day, most likely for credits.  But you know, everyone else is the cheat.  His posts to me, I delete after sending them to wgt always say how many matches and credits he is raking in.  Pleasant fellow from the UK he is.

I counted 4 accounts all together, opened within 24 hours.

• CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 12:13 PM

Yeah Neil I saw that too.. I was most concerned when viewing friend accounts to touch base and seeing this person was running ramped through players pages and posting the same messages.. I would love to know who the players real account is...if for no other reason then to make sure I avoid them in the future.

Thanks for the update,

CC...

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 1:04 PM

check your messages

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 1:09 PM

Thanks Captain and Neil for writing this post and bring this issue to the attention of WGT.  I have no idea who this guy is or what's wrong with this dipstick but I only just saw the message he left on my wall today !

It's unbelievable that people like this exists on this great site and I guess it's can be difficult for WGT to monitor it at time.  I guess it's up to us to bring it to the management attention and give them a helping hand to squash out these idiots.

• CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 1:21 PM

coolswing:
    Thanks Captain and Neil for writing this post and bring this issue to the attention of WGT

First off Mr "Swing" let me say that you are welcome. Secondly I believe that WGT does have monitoring capabilities. And if their profit / loss statements don't  reflect enough in the budget for a  WGT-Mediator.... Then maybe we could pass the hat around and pay someone new or old to the company for their time in better maintaining of account user's and their practices. This appears to be one individual with a somewhat older account who has simply lost, forgotten or failed to take the meds for his/her by-polar disorder and due to a few deviations and lip outs has fallen way off the deep end of the pool.. A simple Your Account has been closed pending further investigation.. If you disagree with this decision. please respond to the WGT legal department at this address. Thank you! and Good bye!

Questions, comments or concerns, Please let me know.

Thanks,

CC...

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 1:35 PM

Hey cool, he is some pissy boy who doesn't make a whole lot of sense in his posts and not much else to do.  It was too easy for him to open a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th account, its time to require a credit card number to open an account.

ps- So close to getting a "Captain and To Neil", that would have been funny.

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:48 PM

Let me say briefly, as said before, that this is not a court of public opinion.  Violating T&Cs by naming names, and reposting explicit content is not justified by the degree to which one has felt offended.

The appropriate and most timely way to report problems is via email to members@worldgolftour.com, and not by creating forum threads.

WGT will not be shooting first and asking questions later. This, to avoid people intent on harassing you from using the abuse reporting system as a means to get you banned. I'm sure you can agree that this would be a bigger problem than offensive notes on your wall.

So if you could, please give WGT time to make sure that we're doing the right thing before hitting that big red button.

Thanks

-Sky

RSS