Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Statistics Board

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 20 2010 10:26 AM (4 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:34 PM

I would love to see the WGT have a statistics board.

It could show things like, course record 9 and 18 holes on each course....long drive......long putt, most eagles, most aces, etc.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 5:22 AM

If it's your own you require they are available on your profile page.

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 6:24 AM

I think the op is reffering to overall site statistics, Piz, as opposed to an individual's stats.

I agree with Tarheels'  suggestion, would be kinda cool to have a stats page, after all, most Clubs (irl) have such a board somewhere, or records members can see somewhere.

If it were done, however, I think it should include some description in it's header saying that it took these players a long time (it usually does) to reach this standard, and that new players should not be put off by the amazing stats they see there; just like real golf, sometimes the scores/drives/eagles records look daunting to an average player. But it shows what can be achieved with practice and patience : ).

Valrec

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 9:44 AM

I understand where the indivual awards are, I was referring to a site award, not necessarily what is in the reward portion of our profiles.

I just wanted some listing of records, things that seem to be asked all the time.  Things that we all like to know, longest drive, longest putt and other stats like GIR and fairways hit.   Most hole in ones, low score on each nine.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 10:26 AM

sometimes  people get confused on here,  Tar  was wanting those stats of the whole community, not just his individual awards. Like a list on the main page or a link to its own page of the best of all those stats .

edit:    wow  was I late on that or what,  lol,   guess I should read all the posts   :)

RSS