Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newbie advice

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 5 2013 12:06 PM (2 replies)
  • scoobywagoner
    14 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2013 6:36 AM

Hi my name is scoobywagoner, I am loving this game. I have been here about a week and doing the stuff for free credits.  I cannot wait to get my first set of irons. I am able to play the CTTH free turnys and love them. However, when I play the stroke turnies I get through with the first hole and I get a message saying the game has an error please close and start over, I do this and get the same message again.  I have played in Chrome, Explorer, and Firefox all with popup blockers turned. What can I do next?

Also any other advice for me would be helpful, thanks to all.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2013 11:54 AM

Someone posted about the gimme button doing that (use the search box and find the post). If you're using the "gimme", don't, and see if that helps. Some advice, play practice mode until you you're ready for some clubs. Moving up, and back (in tees) won't help you at all. Play the best of 5's and 3's if you want some stats. In a few weeks, you should be getting the hang of it. The lower tiers have better scoring players than the higher tiers. So, unless you're a prodigy, you'll just be playing ranked rounds and moving up in tiers, and getting nowhere. 1st purchase: wedge(s), 2nd: putter, then driver, then some irons, unless you have enough creds to buy a full set. I made the mistake of playing all stroke play tournaments, and went from hack to legend in 71 days. At first, I wanted to stop playing, but have kept chugging away, and sloooooooowly getting some XPs. I still shoot under par, but nowhere near competitive with the talent on here. Heck, an amateur is leading the WT with a 56 or 57, and only one tour legend has that score tied, and the amateur has a 104 avg somehow. Odd, but that's life in WGT land. Also, Comodo IceDragon (based on Mozilla) has never let me down, or had a meter glitch (crossing fingers). Chrome and IE are horrible, at least on my end (AT&T dial-up with Windows 98).

• scoobywagoner
    14 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2013 12:06 PM

Thanks so much for the help, I am trying to use gimmes.  Maybe that is the problem, will try again when I get home this evening.  Sorry, but how do I play the best of 5's and 3's? And do they cost a green fee?  I was going to play a round but did not want to pay a  fee. I really appreciate the advice and help.  I had decided to get a driver first. But now with your advice I might change to the wedges.

RSS