Help › Forums

Re: Hello!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 30 2010 12:31 AM (5 replies)
  • choaspes
    8 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 4:44 AM

Hi Everyone

Newcomer to the game, really enjoying it and thought I should pop by here and say hi.

Got a question too: I've got 1800 credits from 3rd party stuff and having read a couple of threads have decided I should spend it on a decent driver, decent putter and 64 degree wedge. Unfortunately all these things require me to attin a pro ranking - at the moment I'm averaging about 1 over for 9 holes with the basic clubs. Is it worht me upgrading to slightly better clubs now or just keep playing until I get mr pro ranking and upgrade to the decent clubs then?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 11:11 AM

I'd wait mate. No point spending money on clubs that in a few weeks time you may get rid of.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 11:37 AM

Choaspes, Piz is right. Upgrade your ball and use the clubs you have until you make Pro. You can gain course knowledge along the way. Keep taking the surveys in the meantime and save your credits for a full set of clubs including a good putter.

I used starter clubs through the Pro tier until my average fell flat. Then I upgraded and was ready for the Master tier several weeks later. Progress through the tiers naturally by posting all your rounds good or bad, especially if you feel the need to upgrade immediately.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 3:10 PM

Welcome to the fun!

I am in agreement with Piz and Richard.  Learn the game, make Pro, then upgrade.

Best of luck!

• choaspes
    8 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 12:58 AM

thanks a lot guys! appreciate the advice.

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 12:31 AM

choaspes,

I would use the credits on a sleeve of GI3 series balls.  They are the best in my opinion.  They have great feel, and you have a slower swing meter as a result.  This will lower your WGT handicap.

Yokosaki

MGA President

RSS