Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Lack of precision in putting

Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:35 PM (3 replies)
  • Copen96
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:28 AM

Greens are inconsistent in the lateral speed as displayed on the grid.  Balls seem to trickle uphill on approach shots.  Distance displayed is not always equivalent to putt meter.  I had a 15ft, 0uphill putt that my ball rolled 2.5ft past using a Daytona putter with the 15ft distance gauge.  In addition, many putts show a horrible camera angle which makes the only opportunity for sinking putts to be looking from the hole back to your avatar.  Anything in the works to correct some of these inconsistencies and errors?

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:34 PM

V Fast Greens.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:35 PM

it could be worse, if you are a legend (me unfortunately) the greens are now tournament speed.

• ISJX98
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:35 PM

I totally agree,  Ive noticed the same thing. The camera angles can be very poor and the ball speeds have been very  inconsistent. Say its a  10 ft shot  and 0 inches in elevation, and I put at least a 12 ft draw on the meter and release it... somtimes it falls way short  or other times will go shooting way past the hole. Another thing that has to go is that SECOND CLICK  on the shot meter in putting mode! I can understand having it for the driving and aproach shots for hook and slice but for putting its just wrong!   Its hard enough trying to judge the break of the greens and getting the right power draw on the meter, but having to zero in on that  center line, no way!! thats a bit overboard having to worry about that also. It just makes the game very frustrating and not very fun at all, Do away with the second click on the mouse during putting or at least slow down (way down) the darn return  bar on the meter. Some of us dont have those cat like reflexes anymore!

RSS