Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Veterans Day Idea

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 4 2010 11:56 AM (2 replies)
  • Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 7:03 AM

I was going to send this by email but I thought I would write it so that others could opine on the subject. As you may or may not know November 11th is Veterans Day. Now, I understand it takes a while for you to add a course and since you are located in California I thought this might or might not work. I would like to see an event maybe in coordination with the USO and have an online open that would charge maybe $5.00 to enter. You could split the proceeds with a worth veterans or military organization, USO, Wounded Warriors or someone that promotes the care of all soldiers. Anyways, I am not sure if you could get DOD to allow you to digitize their best course which is the Eisenhower course at the Air Force Academy but maybe the Bayonet and Blackhorse would. It is an awesome course that has been re-designed and it is steep in military history. Before Pebble Beach it was one the toughest courses in that area....Any other ideas?

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:02 AM

Would think that's too tight of a time line for this year. But good idea, can still have it at one of the existing courses we have here.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 11:56 AM

Yeah, that is why I suggested something close by and since they just renovated that course they might love the advertising.

RSS