Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Disgusted

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 30 2014 9:13 PM (1 replies)
  • Coaltar
    19 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 12:53 AM

So,.. I'm a fairly new player here (6 days old) and I'm already getting really disgusted with all the quitters that play here. 90% of the people I've started a round with just end up rage quitting at some point during the game. Either because they've hit a few bad shots in a row or because they're just having a bad round in general.

For me it is really frustrating; it holds the game up, etc. Most don't even have the courtesy to just use the forfeit action from the menu so it doesn't bump out everyone else where we have to wait several minutes for the system to confirm you're not coming back.

I really find the behavior shocking when I see it from high level and/or tier players. I even had one guy, on the last hole while on the green, miss 3 putts while my ball was a few inches from the hole just up and close his browser where i had to just sit and wait 3+ minutes so i could get back in to finish my last putt (he didn't finish, his last putt left him a few feet from the hole). And the guy was a Legendary and WGT Nation member!

I'm not a quitter, whiner, complainer, or exhibit childish behavior. I've not once quit a round or raged, no matter how bad I was doing.

It's just really discouraging because I really enjoy playing with others rather than play solo.

A penalty system really should be implemented for this kind of thing. Something, anything, to discourage people from just up and acting like a whiny child.

I realize that quitting is at times justified and a reasonable decision; but that is what the forfeit action is for. I wish people would use it properly and have some respect.

Okay I'm done ranting, I just really had to get this off my chest.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 9:13 PM

I agree with your frustration, however, you are in a country club named "No Quitters Here" with just under 250 members-but you only have 24 friends.  

I suggest you try to build up your friends list with players from your club.  Logically thinking, that should clear up any and all quitter issues that you speak of.

Happy Hitting

RSS