Forums

Help › Forums

Customize the "required clubs"

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:29 PM (0 replies)
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:29 PM

There are 8 slots (irons) that are required clubs. I understand that this is a much simpler system than having to buy individual irons, but it seriously limits your bag options. If you want 3 wedges you have to drop the hybird or FW wood. Something would have to change about the programming to allow us to swap out the required clubs.

But why do those 8 required clubs have to be 3-PW?

I'd love to go to the pro-shop, and buy a set of "irons" , but to have the option to have a mix of hybrids, woods and irons in that set.

It would be nice to have the clubfitter build me a set with a 3h, 4h, and 5-PW. I'd buy that set, and it would go in my 'irons' slot and I could equip it under my "required clubs"

Or perhaps a 4i-PW + SW setup - which would allow me enough slots to equip a 3W, 3h, Gap and Lob wedge. (or Lob and X wedge)

If the "clubfitter" idea is un-workable, surely it would be easy enough to offer up sets with common configurations. Many club manufactures offer hybrid/iron sets these days. 3-4h, 5-PW sets are quite common.

The drawback for us would be having to buy new complete sets instead of just dropping an iron and adding a hybrid, but if it keeps things simple and allows us to have more options - I'm sure many of us would go for that - and that means more $$ for wgt. :)

The Lynx and Snake eyes clubs are not longer in the pro shop, So I guess the agreement with Golfsmith is no more. But, I think Golfsmith might love to have a custom virtual clubfitter shop here on WGT. Could be great for both parties.

RSS