Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Remember When?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 5 2014 2:52 AM (2 replies)
  • dacrash
    475 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2014 6:40 PM

Anyone else remember when WGT was young and trying to get and keep new players?

Like during the World Series they had golf balls with all the participating teams. 

A sponsor that gave away free balls for quite a while (Dove).

Now it doesn't seem that WGT wants to keep older players and are primarily interested in picking up new customers who will spend a few bucks, realize that the game is not what they expected and leave.  WGT gets paid from all the new players that don't want to wait and do surveys and such to get equipment, they just fork over the cash.

Meanwhile, players that made the game, get nothing to really keep them interested.  I'm not saying WGT needs to give free stuff, but to participate in real life like they used to.

It would have been nice to have golf balls for the football teams like they did for baseball.  Maybe some balls to go along with the Outdoor Stadium Series in Hockey? Or how about some Olympic oriented balls and avatars?  Soccer teams, etc. 

NOT for free!  And not those cheapie 1 attribute balls, but something worth using.

Do you remember when?

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 2:36 AM

WGT like to promotes gifting but wont often give much away anymore themselves.

Free rental weekends were more common when I joined , now they are far and few between as well.

You are right, there once was a time when WGT were quite focussed on Membership Retention.

as shown by browsing a few of the previous News Archives

• craigswan
    31,567 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 2:52 AM

In my experience player's seem to be quite happy  up to legend tier and then a lot give up as the step up to tour legend is to much in time , cost and effort .

RSS