Forums

Help › Forums

Re: alternate shot option needed

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 15 2014 8:04 PM (6 replies)
  • tazmatic1
    56 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 11:46 PM

don't you just hate it when you are plying an alternate shot game and for reasons beyond your control somebody on your team or the other team has a player get disconnected and when the game takes you back to the screen when everybody is waiting to reconnect ,

there is only an option for you to forfeit the game,  and not any option to ask the other team to cancel the with no penalty to you or them ,

so you get a loss even though you weren't the one who caused the forfeit ,

is it so hard to do , or to much to ask that WGT at least give all involved to decide whether or not the game should count or is deemed worthy of a forfeit

I've lost count of how many times I've received a forfeit or someone on the other team received a forfeit because of  their  partner , I think you all know what I'm saying

PLEASE WGT at least give the remaining players the  option to determine  it's outcome

the player that disconnects can still get the forfeit , but the player, or players left shouldn't have to get the loss due to reasons beyond their control

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 12:59 AM

I agree completely. I've had it where another player fails to load at the start so nobody even hits a ball but a win is still given to one team.

• alpenpirat
    1,153 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 6:54 AM

Yep. And one more.. if a match has ended and 2 or 3 players like to have a reamatch. They cant searching a new player. There is only the option >the 4rth player dint comes back to the game<. 

WGT.......... lot of players like to see this option in the alternate team play. But you are doing nothing. 

gr. from Alps 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 7:02 AM

Good idea on the new option to cancel the match. I would like to see the option for the host NOT to be the first one to tee off on their team. 

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 11:38 AM

I haven't played a/s on WGT so I'll ask those of you that have:

Would you also like to see the ability for two people to be able to practice a/s?

A friend and I would love to play it for fun as we do occasionally in real life rounds. We love the format but many times we don't know if we'll have time for a full round so we don't want to commit to a competition against others.

The ability to practice would also give those who play regularly an opportunity to learn each other's strengths, weaknesses and wishes as to the shots they'd like their partners to leave them with. Regular teams could utilize the ability to practice in preparation for some possible WGT a/s tournaments?

• tazmatic1
    56 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 7:46 PM

your idea is ok , but I truly don't believe enough share your idea in order for WGT to look at a practice mode

With that said , I do believe however that my idea about my original post here , would have the support by most of the WGT players on here , and also would not very hard to implement into the game , and thank you all for you responses

• littleJonJon
    23 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 8:04 PM

One thing that may need to be addressed on this topic is, countless times many people get disconnected from the game and when you try to go back to the game and you get to where it gives you the option to continue or forfeit the game, so naturally you select the continue option and the clock starts counting down but does nothing else. I've had this happen many times and it is very annoying and you have to go and apologize to your partner and they other team, providing you remember who you where playing. I have seen this many times in the year I've been on here and submitted many bug report and still nothing  has changed. I't not really fair to either of the teams, but the player who didn't make it back, gets a bad rap. Just thought I'd add this while we are on the discussion of Alternate Shot games. Thanks

Jon

RSS