Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Live and Love

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 25 2014 2:31 PM (8 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 5:50 PM

I'm still living and loving. When I started playing WGT I lived for the game and loved every minute I was playing. I play on occasions now and really like (not love) the time I spend on here. It has taken a long time to realize just how many hours I was glued to this game. It took a couple of grand kids on different visits to ask me. Papa are you playing your golf game again. Just happened about a half hour ago. My beautiful 15 year old grand daughter walked in with her prom dress. I was engrossed in getting my CDP and damn near missed the whole thing. Shame on me. I have never done drugs other than WGT. I will cure this addiction.

• 19cscott72
    102 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:20 PM

Yes Ren, there are much more important things in life than WGT, as much as I enjoy playing here I find if I play too much I get bored & lose concentration, I didn't play for about 10 days, then played at St Andys & shot -14. lol.

Cheers.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:51 PM

Well Ren, just don't leave. You are part of the gold that shows up here much too infrequently. But Scott is correct about becoming stale...forgetting the concentration and just going along decently with no sharpness and no goal. Love can come in funny places but is best with family.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:51 PM

19cscott72:

Yes Ren, there are much more important things in life than WGT, as much as I enjoy playing here I find if I play too much I get bored & lose concentration, I didn't play for about 10 days, then played at St Andys & shot -14. lol.

Cheers.

Renn   ,  i understand what you are saying ,,,,,,  summer is coming  most of us  play less,   ............        I  love this game and all thats surounds it ..........    at my age or yours  .......well  not many thing i like about  many things .....  so if i have a small addiction to this game that keeps me  .....living   some good time  ....so be it .....   hope you get what i am saying ;)    dont beat yourself over this  .....                      Frapp

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 12:06 AM

I have always enjoyed the game but never have become a slave to it. For me the CDP means nothing, and at the end of the day, there is no equipment I desire nor need. 

#1 priority is family and thats the way it will stay for me. Some days I log on, look at the forums and can not be bother opening the game client, especially if good friends are not on - to me the good friends are like extended family, and that is when the game become fun.

The  platform built by WGT is good but it is the players that make this game great.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 6:28 AM

I'm with you, alanti. As an example, we have a table set up in front of the living room window that always has a jigsaw puzzle in progress. Yesterday after the homework was done my daughters and I put some CDs in the stereo and spent about 4 hours working on our latest one. No TV, no computer, no headphones.

When we finish a puzzle and all the pieces are present we seal it back up with tape and donate it to the local charity thrift shop. Then we pull out another puzzle and repeat the process.

Very valuable family time together. The family discussions and time spent together around that table are priceless.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 9:13 AM

renniw52:

I'm still living and loving. When I started playing WGT I lived for the game and loved every minute I was playing. I play on occasions now and really like (not love) the time I spend on here. It has taken a long time to realize just how many hours I was glued to this game. It took a couple of grand kids on different visits to ask me. Papa are you playing your golf game again. Just happened about a half hour ago. My beautiful 15 year old grand daughter walked in with her prom dress. I was engrossed in getting my CDP and damn near missed the whole thing. Shame on me. I have never done drugs other than WGT. I will cure this addiction.

My grandad took me to my prom (we call it Matric Dance) and I was so happy! And he gave me a corsage!

You are such a beautiful person Rich, and I don't want to lose your friendship. Please don't leave but, if you have to, I understand.

And ummm what's CDP?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 2:31 PM

Your sweetness I am not leaving. Just made the comment that I was so engrossed with my game I didn't realize I was was missing a sweet 16's fashion show and she so wanted her papa's approval. I have backed way off with my ranked rounds. If I come on and see my friends I will definitely start an AS, unless I have one of my grand kids wanting my attention. I have so little life left to spend with them I need to make it priority one. My friends I have made on WGT are priority two. All I have. 

RSS