Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Forced to Legend

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 28 2014 12:41 AM (8 replies)
  • SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 3:16 PM

I don't know where to post this so i will here, and i need to vent i am so upset at WGT. And i need to fight for members of my club.

There is a player in my CC, L79, that was forced to move up to legend tier by the idiotic reasoning of WGT.

He is a casual player, plays a few times a week just for fun. He is not a sandbagger looking to steal others credits, he doesnt play in those type of games.

He played a WGT uneven lies tourney, came in 3rd, made a whopping 6 credits. And WGT in all their wisdom moved him up to Legend. He now cant even GET better clubs if he wanted too or could afford too.. Try and hit a dang fairway from the car park using a L79 driver.

Doing this to him is so freaking unfair. Seriously, what do you think this accomplishes? All it does is take the fun out of the game for players.

The only answers i get from WGT are *sorry its the way it is we can't change it*. Well guess what? Thats not good enough.

This game is meant to be fun for the people that come here day after day. And you failed us ALL.

SamanthaWho,

Owner of New Haven CC

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 3:25 PM

I actually play often and played my rear end off to get to Legend.

I can tell you that you don't need a lvl79 driver to hit fairways

I use a lvl48 R1 and I can tell you that even hitting into wind if I've missed a fairway it was my own fault.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 3:40 PM

I played my butt off to get to Legend too when it actually meant something. Now its a joke being Legend, means nothing anymore, anyone can do it.

Great for you that you can hit a fairway. But you weren't FORCED to be something your game didn't do. You made it the right way.

How are those par 3's at 225-299 yards doing for you with L48 clubs??

This is just unfair to him.

• Hack86
    5 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 3:46 PM

well thats wgt for ya ..... here is another thought about WGT to become that very special player they want where you live a copy of you're drivers licence and a utility bill dont think that is right at all . this will make the game even more unfair ... and like you typed it takes the fun out of the game... seems WGT can do all but the simple things i am left handed and wanted to see if it could be done all i hear it would take alot of time and cant see it anytime soon ...... sry bout you're friend and my rant

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 3:49 PM

It took me over 3 years and 1618 ranked rounds to make Legend. If that isn't the hard way, then what is? If your friend got promoted to Legend he obviously has the ability to play at that level. Whatever clubs he has seems to have done him well. I agree there are way too many new Legends that have made it in record time. I have no other comments regarding that. I know what it took to get there. WGT has screwed the pooch on many aspects, this is just one of them.

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 3:50 PM

I understand what you are saying!

I am sorry about my comments

I have said this before and I will say it again.  wgt itself doesn't even know how they move people through the ranks. 

Some people advance through the ranks by beating higher ranked players in MP and some don't

Those same MP wins affect some peoples average and not others

I hope you get a reasonable response from wgt soon

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 11:54 PM

Excuse me, no offence intended, but me thinks that you act way too agitated.

A 62(!) credits win certainly is not the sole reason for the promotion of this player. He must have been close, marginally above 63.0, and this win was only the last straw, combined with the score of 64.

His score record is remarkable:

Four 29s and several better results may come from Par3 CC tournaments.

Then, 2x30, 10x31, 21x32, 14x33, 15x34, one each 62, 63, 64, 1000++ credits of earnings, need I say more?

IMHO he was ripe for advancement, if not this week, then anytime soon!

Congratulations for that accomplishment!

OTOH, you certainly know this part of the business model well. There are two major steps in the advancement of players, at Master and at Legend, where an upgrade of equipment is almost inevitable.There have been others who had to grind their teeth into the courses for some time, maybe avoid some, and then invest an amount for their pleasure.

Also do I not think that this "side" effect of the anti-sandbagging efforts has only come by chance. They wanted our best, also for themselves.

Enjoy!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 12:41 AM

For the purpose of not naming players, I will call him #20.

Unlucky? Maybe but he has played a fair amount of rounds as a TM, and his average must have been close to Legend and the Tournament placing pushed him over the  threshold.

He has average equipment (same as what took me to legend) and overall average scoring and has not creamed players in credit matches by the looks of it.

But eventually players will get tiered up with the system in place.

The equipment to lower level legends these days is not bad and a good player can still compete. Even with his current gear he can still score well on most courses but if he only plays  for  fun then it should not be an issue.

The other option is to upgrade when the better clubs are available.

As for taking away the fun, consider it a challenge. Personally #20 will score better by dumping the hybrid and adding or upgrading 3 wedges.

By scoring well does not  necessarily  mean the game is more fun, that comes from the individuals attitude. Personally I get more fun and sense of  achievement  scraping out pars after woeful drives or approaches than the odd days I play well and only have 5-6 foot putts for  birdies. 

RSS