Help › Forums

Re: Hello

Thu, Mar 6 2014 7:30 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 6:47 AM

chuddlymccannon:
    This ^^ I thought you were trying to tell me something.

LOL. Ya, I was-it's a cool name. 

I missed the part where someone thought you were cheating. If that's where your original post is coming from (re-reading it yielded no cheat reference) I can see some misinterpretation going on here. Many "I can't do it" types immediately brand low level Legends this way and there's not much you can do to change their minds. Meh.

I took your post as a rant about having to play Legend golf with level 84 stuff. When I looked at your score history before posting I saw the way you actually did get to Legend-the rather easy way. Nothing wrong there but you have to accept the equipment disadvantage. That's maybe where that TL was going when he advised you, IDK, but the advice at the time should have been play everywhere and post everything, you'll get to Legend when you're ready.

As for that hole I claimed you dug for yourself? A very large majority of the long time players made Legend with the best clubs at the time-the retired G10s with Satin or Ping wedges. You have much better equipment than they did so that hole isn't that deep. :-)

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 7:30 AM

Thank you YankeeJim

I am sorry about my rant and I don't have a problem playing from the legend tee's.  In fact, just last night I pulled a brain fart and played the front of BPB after coming off of playing a best of par 3's.  I forgot to equip my driver so only had a 3 wood. 

It was a lot of fun.  I played that round with a couple of good guys and we had a lot of fun.

At the time I had that rant the person was only hinting at me cheating.  He has since repeatedly accused me of it.  I think I was just hinting at the fact in my original post.

I was also mad about the wgt person that picked me out of several to call out.  I believe he had no right to do that.  If I was the only person saying it, then fine.  But, there were many.  He should have went about saying what he did in a different manner. 

I also understand the stress he was under that day, but I wasn't thinking clearly at the time.

And, I did take some really good advice from a legend in MP like I said earlier.

I think a lot of the newer players are unaware, that beating higher ranked players will get you moved up faster.  I kinda understand why wgt does it the way they do.  But, there is no reference to it.  So I was unaware. 

And, I think many people scratch their heads over it.  I see post from cc owners about how this player or that player got moved because of cc MP tourneys.  No body knows how the dang thing works.

And, like I said I stopped playing MP when I was a master (I think), pretty sure I have had only 1 MP round since then.  That was because of another player kept telling me that beating a Legend would drop your score 0.7  That was not the case, I did beat a Legend when I was a TM and it had zero effect on my average that was like 61.5 something at the time.

And, I don't play everywhere often enough.  But, I will take my licks on certain courses.  I do post all scores and I very rarely use the practice option because I believe it is a waste of money practicing shots and them not counting towards anything.  And, it is ball wear.  If I'm going to wear out a ball I will do it playing ranked rounds.

• PAGES
RSS