Forums

Help › Forums

Hello

Thu, Mar 6 2014 7:30 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 6:11 PM

So this thread is going to get blown to pieces and I have been so pissed (on) that I don't give a flying F anymore.

For a couple hours now I have been trying to play this game and have fun.  But, I am bullheaded and irritated.

Many of you don't like me and you know what............. I am okay with that

When I was going through the ranks I got shredded by people in MP saying that I was going about it the wrong way.  So you know what, I stopped doing MP and started playing only stroked ranked rounds.

Then, I became a Legend.  But, I have recently found out that now being a Legend means diddly unless you have been here for years.  It is much better to at levels in the 90's with lvl90+ clubs and be a Master in many of your eyes. 

Because,  he is doing it the right way. If they changed the format that is not my fault.

For those of you that never have anything positive to say to anyone.  I am sorry for you!

Now, for the reason that I am irritated......  To the WGT official that felt the need to call me out earlier in the wake of everything that was going on.... SIT AND SPIN BUDDY!

I wasn't the only one that asked the question.  But, you want to say I am harassing people!

You want to call me out like that and not actually address the problem. 

You bone heads can't release an update of bigger dots on a grid without screwing it up.  But, you want people to trust you to verify accounts.

Good luck with that

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 6:57 AM

X2 and to add, anyone that feels the need to give the type of private information that's asked for in account verification to anyone other than their accountant or other trusted individuals is just looking for trouble.  Just me, an old cynical but safe senior citizen.

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 7:00 AM

cdefghi:

X2 and to add, anyone that feels the need to give the type of private information that's asked for in account verification to anyone other than their accountant or other trusted individuals is just looking for trouble.  Just me, an old cynical but safe senior citizen.

( edit;)   I've worked hard my entire life to get where I'm at and I'm not about to risk any of it  over the ability to buy a Mr. WGT phone or WGT logo golf towel anyway.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 7:15 AM

chuddlymccannon:
    Then, I became a Legend. 

By pounding out rounds at Kia and SA to become a level 84 Legend. Bad move.  Sorry to say you dug your own grave doing that. Started in October of 2013 and Legend by February 2014. It has nothing to do with being here "years." 

You didn't do it the "right" way, you forced it. And now some behind the scenes action with you and WGT doesn't sit well with you? FWIW, they only do something like that when one steps out of line. Just sayin'.

And this is not a hate on you post. In fact, I think your name is kinda cool.  :-)

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 12:20 PM

YankeeJim:

chuddlymccannon:
    Then, I became a Legend. 

By pounding out rounds at Kia and SA to become a level 84 Legend. Bad move.  Sorry to say you dug your own grave doing that. Started in October of 2013 and Legend by February 2014. It has nothing to do with being here "years." 

You didn't do it the "right" way, you forced it. And now some behind the scenes action with you and WGT doesn't sit well with you? FWIW, they only do something like that when one steps out of line. Just sayin'.

And this is not a hate on you post. In fact, I think your name is kinda cool.  :-)

I enjoyed the round and knowledge u provided the other day Jim, but take slight offense to u thinking that leveling up quickly is a result of pounding out rounds on the same tracks, i. e. ez 1's..  Just hope that I'm not coming off brash by saying this but I pretty much made a quick jump myself.  I played in almost each and every free weekly and even contributed to RG's cashing much less than I put up. Like I said don't want to ruffle feathers about something not involving me directly but hope that ev1's attitude is not about how quickly its done but about how much we put into it. I'm old school  62 years old and live but"  you reap what u sow. " Again, had a gr8 time and hope to play in the future.

Bol, shoot low, and keep the faith

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 12:59 PM

cdefghi:
    I enjoyed the round and knowledge u provided the other day Jim, but take slight offense to u thinking that leveling up quickly is a result of pounding out rounds on the same tracks, i. e. ez 1's..

Nothing brash at all. You, my friend, have game and it showed. There's a difference between pounding out rounds on the same 2 courses as opposed to playing just like you did-everything that came your way. It so benefits you in the long run. Leveling up in a hurry is a lot easier now and not a bad thing. How you go about it could be. Witness Chuddly's frustration.

As for Chuddly, IMO he hosed himself out of a fun part of this game-winning your way up. How nice is it at the tail end of a tier when you're owning the joint. You know the shots, they're getting easier and easier and you're just plain rocking. Then you make the leap and boom-you're back in the soup and get to do it all over again but it's that time when you're king in your tier that's fun. Getting there is just as fun, IMO.  :-)

p.s., Ain't planning on owning anything in my tier now but the edge in playing against the best is the best challenge of all for me.

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 1:16 PM

Ty Jim for your kind words, I should of expected a classy response from a classy guy.  Time to give this thread back to the OP and get the hell outta here.

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 5:16 PM

I personally hate Kia

I understand that I should have learned more courses better

That however does not make me a cheater or a multi account

What about those that where here when only 2 courses where available.  They didn't do it the wrong way and got to learn the new courses and already have the knowledge of knowing there better equipment, and what it would and wouldn't do.

As far as behind the scenes action with wgt............ it wasn't behind the scenes and a few others were asking for the same thing I was.  Just sayin'

YankeeJim:

So this ^^ caught my attention.  thank you YJ for pointing it out.  I guess next time I decide to play an online game I will first contact the people in charge and ask for a name specific to only me.

I guess I could have used my real name of Chad.  I'm sure that would have made everything a lot better

EDIT:

Then YJ your last post just came through for me

Where as I pounded out only 2 courses.  Really?

I will play any course, I will also admit that I still struggle with a few.  And even shoot myself in the foot from time to time on courses that I think I am decent at.

I've played against Legends and Tour Legends in stroke play rounds that have told me they won't touch certain courses.  I guess they aren't doing it right either.

I have no frustration over the play of the game.  I have ok days and I have bad days just like many others.  I play on and try to improve my game

Oh and I stopped playing MP when I got part way through Master tier because I had no idea about the in's and out's of the game and one of the Tour Legends explained it while he was kicking my rear.  So I guess I did part of it the wrong way.  How are we supposed to know if no one tells us?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 5:14 AM

chuddlymccannon:
    Where as I pounded out only 2 courses.  Really?

Your score history says different in the push for Legend.

chuddlymccannon:
    I've played against Legends and Tour Legends in stroke play rounds that have told me they won't touch certain courses.  I guess they aren't doing it right either.

Think about this for a minute. You have players supposedly playing at a high level of golf that just won't play courses they're afraid of, for whatever reason? What kind of Legend or TL is that? (Posers, IMO.)

chuddlymccannon:
    What about those that where here when only 2 courses where available.  They didn't do it the wrong way and got to learn the new courses and already have the knowledge of knowing there better equipment, and what it would and wouldn't do.

When there were only 2 courses around the equipment was a fraction of what it is today. 

chuddlymccannon:
    I guess next time I decide to play an online game I will first contact the people in charge and ask for a name specific to only me.

What does this mean?

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 5:45 AM

Well, maybe I should go look at my own score history.  Do I play at kia?  Yeah, sometimes.  But, I am pretty sure I have never shot good enough there to make a big difference in my average. But, I may be wrong.

How am I supposed to know why certain payers won't go on certain courses?  Maybe they are posers!  Maybe they just don't like the way those courses play.

Since I have been here such a short time I can't say much as to what was and wasn't available as far as equipment.  But, to say that someone having less equipment or less effective equipment to choose from could be a history lesson.  It could also mean they got really used to that equipment for a long time.

Maybe I am highly wrong in this.  But, when you upgrade clubs it is like learning a new game.  Is it better in the long run?  YES.  But, it is still learning shots all over again.

So, it can also be said that where there was less equipment and less courses available, some of the people that have been here a while had the game dialed in and had their clubs dialed in.  IMO, much easier to learn a new course when you already know what the equipment was capable of.

So.  I guess I'm not meaning to put anyone off but, do the players that have been here for years expect the new players to learn every course and figure out different shots and then upgrade equipment and figure out shots again, and still learn every course?

Regardless, I started this thread because I was called a cheater and I was upset.  Certain players on here want to run their mouths and then have absolutely no proof to back it up but they continue to do so.

I never meant to upset a class act player!

YankeeJim:

chuddlymccannon:
    I guess next time I decide to play an online game I will first contact the people in charge and ask for a name specific to only me.

What does this mean?

This ^^ I thought you were trying to tell me something.  Maybe I was wrong.  Just trying to wrap my head around people thinking I am a multi account

• PAGES
RSS