Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Very old posts + threads

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 27 2014 11:10 AM (5 replies)
  • lillymay69
    15 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 6:33 AM

I would be interested to know why there are so many posts +their subsequent threads,which are so old. eg    I went to look at the bug logs to see if anyone had reported the bug I was having,found something similar,and started to have a read.I then noticed that the the whole lot were from 2009!!

Is there any reason to keep them that long?It seems to me somewhat pointless,and of course was no help whatsoever.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 10:51 AM

It may just be a historic peek at wgt evolution, although I believe the founding is 2007. It is like our National Archives, a wgt museum. I enjoy that it is done, much like the replays I have kept from 2009. 2010, 2011, etc. Just another thing to peruse for no definable reason except nostalgia.

~SP~

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 10:53 AM

lillymay69:
    Is there any reason to keep them that long?It seems to me somewhat pointless,and of course was no help whatsoever.

A lot of questions asked today were answered then.  :-)

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 10:54 AM

Reasons to keep them that long:

1. To demonstrate the bug was already reported.

2. To show the bug was not really a bug.

3. To show the bug does not affect game play sufficiently to warrant fixing it.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 10:55 AM

I like looking for common suggestions using the search box, then going to the last result and see just how far back it can go.

Yes, I'm bored sometimes lol.

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 11:10 AM

If the bug threads were used properly, there should be a resolution posting if it was ever fixed.

Then, when you search and find the bug you found, you could read the thread and determine if it was fixed once before.

Put yourself in the programmers' shoes. Data is power. You NEVER delete it.

RSS