Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Mahattan

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 31 2014 11:06 AM (6 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 7:43 AM

Yankee Jim suggested I try his favorite drink since I had not. I had a small gathering over to watch the Oscars and decided to make the "Mahattan" the attraction since I view Hollywood as mostly(not all) a "who's who?" of the lowest class. Thank you Yankee Jim. I tried to stick with tradition and went with this: 5 parts Crown Royal - 2 parts Noilly Prat sweet vermouth - dash of Angostura bitters - Luxardo maraschino cherries - all chilled very cold - served up, in a chilled stem cocktail glass. Result - Very Classy - Very, Very Delicious. I thank you.

~SP~ 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 7:56 AM

Cheers!   ;-)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 8:05 AM

Geezzzz,  now i need a drink   ......  LOllllll     

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 8:08 AM

Ahhh, yes, Francois, light a candle, sip a Manhattan, watch the world go by.  ;-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 9:25 AM

YankeeJim:

Cheers!   ;-)

You can't beat advice from YJ and The Frapper...I noticed I had some left-over in the fridge...I have a clock with all 5s on it and guess what? It was 5-5 so I teed one up...and there is some left...still wonderful! 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, May 31 2014 10:57 AM

You are going to love me for this. To compliment the Manhatten, trust me, I found a new cigar that is "out of this world!" It is 'La Flor Dominicana' so yummy! This studly bad boy is Dominican (duh) and the 6X54 chisel will blow your hose off! If you see one, grab-pay-go-smoke. You will say "Thanks! SP".

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, May 31 2014 11:06 AM

SweetiePie:

You are going to love me for this. To compliment the Manhatten, trust me, I found a new cigar that is "out of this world!" It is 'La Flor Dominicana' so yummy! This studly bad boy is Dominican (duh) and the 6X54 chisel will blow your hose off! If you see one, grab-pay-go-smoke. You will say "Thanks! SP".

Not anymore. 7 or 8 months since i quit smoking and don't want to go back. It is the hardest thing I have ever done. 

RSS