Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club Reviews

Thu, Mar 13 2014 5:53 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 11:35 AM

I had forgotten all about the review I left for the L35 Callaway ball.  It did make it and is still there, didn't take long after me posting the review either IIRC.   Even though I tossed in a few words about yellow ones there too.  ;-)

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 12:29 PM

WGTicon:

I am innocent here! :)

Who are you trying to kid here Icon?  You will never be innocent I'm afraid, at least not in the opinion of 99.9% of WGT players.

Can't you hear them out there.......

Hey, I missed a 1/16" putt, must be Icon's fault.

My drive went in the rough, Icon made that happen.

WGT is screwing me, I bet it's Icon's fault.

I got booted from an alt game, damn you Icon.

My car won't start.  ICON!!!

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 4:26 PM

So they sell 15,000 of the clubs worldwide. One out of 15 customers reviews it. That's still 1,000 reviews. They only publish 5. The odds are very slim that yours will get published.

It's simply a matter of numbers.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 4:41 PM

srellim234:

So they sell 15,000 of the clubs worldwide. One out of 15 customers reviews it. That's still 1,000 reviews. They only publish 5. The odds are very slim that yours will get published.

It's simply a matter of numbers.

Never thought about it that way.  Right on!

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Thu, Mar 13 2014 3:09 PM

This may well be the case srellim234.  However, if it is the case, I suppose it is totally unreasonable for the WGT members to expect them to respect our time by posting a notice that reviews are closed for that particular club due to max reviews already being posted.  Nah!  That would be way too respectable of a customer / member's time and would indicate that WGT really does consider our time as something OTHER than a money grab bag to them.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:31 PM

They don't change the reviews often enough but they do change them from time to time. Reviews are never closed for any item. Ongoing reviews provide long-term feedback to a company about their items.

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:40 PM

I suppose a temporary Notice would also be too much to ask.  The point is, WHY waste a members time writing a review when it is not going to be published.  If they are only going to publish 5 reviews post a notice such as Review Quota met at this time check back for additional review openings.  Sounds only respectful of other's time to me.  Anyone else feel the same way out there.

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Thu, Mar 13 2014 5:41 PM

Check out the reviews for the Nike level 94 Method Putter. All of the reviews say it is the best putter they have ever used.....but when you check the bag of the reviewers not a single one of them uses one...LOL

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Thu, Mar 13 2014 5:53 PM

noname129:

I have submitted two reviews about the new Nike Covert 2.0 Level 85 Drivers.  I submitted the first and waited a few days and it was never published so I submitted a second one several days ago.  It has never been published either.  Am I to assume that unless a review gives a five star positive rating on a club the review is dismissed and never published.  Anyone else out there submitting reviews on clubs and WGT NOT publishing the review?

There  is an open thread on the  85 covert driver. You might want to go check it out.

~Steven~

• PAGES
RSS