Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Some correcting actions should be made

Sat, Sep 18 2010 4:55 PM (5 replies)
  • Miaouu
    109 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 6:02 PM

The game is soo bad now, don't buy better balls is maybe the secret, this game should be play for fun, maybe WGT will make some adjustement:

Example:  Fast and Bugging Swingmeter, Bad grid accuracy when putting (slope on grid when the putt show it straight), Bad accuracy in distance,Slope out of range for the swingmeter, Not realistic speed on green, No feeling when we play, etc, etc...

RIP sniff     , Maybe the game will be fun later !!

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 6:20 PM

and don't forget the horrific Fringe putting, inconsistent chip distances, etc, etc...

Are we having fun yet? 

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 6:45 PM

Fun ? You want Fun ?? This is strictly business (to paraphrase someone)

• Miaouu
    109 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 6:51 PM

Sure, on fringe with 50% lie, stange, realistic ?? sure not !!

And chip lo, with an average of 2 ft shorter or longer all the time off  that we read on swingmeter!

Now a hole is good when we make a par ! and when we play a game at +6 over the par, the fun is there, more quiter than before it's sure ??

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 3:06 PM

Miaouu:

Sure, on fringe with 50% lie, stange, realistic ?? sure not !!

And chip lo, with an average of 2 ft shorter or longer all the time off  that we read on swingmeter!

Now a hole is good when we make a par ! and when we play a game at +6 over the par, the fun is there, more quiter than before it's sure ??

if you have a 50% lie then you are not on the fringe but in the rough around the green. Just because your ball appears to be on the fringe doesn't mean it it. Make sure you check you lie before every shot around the green it will solve many problems. And the chip shot should only be used if you have a lie on the fairway or 20/25 % rough and even then only if it's a short shot. Otherwise use the pitch. Or in some cases the flop or punch. The latter 2 takes practice but it is well worth it in lower scores.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 4:55 PM

borntobesting:
    And the chip shot should only be used if you have a lie on the fairway or 20/25 % rough and even then only if it's a short shot.

I often chip out of 30-40 even 40-50% rough up to 22 yards or so with as much as 5-6 feet of rough in front of me.

You just really need to get inside the characteristics of the chip to be comfortable with this. I know the carry to roll ratio of my 3 wedges, with bs and no spin. If i'm on my game I can get most chips within 2 feet. The new tourney greens I'm playing on have screwed me up a bit, but I'm getting that down, slowly but surely.

I usually only flop off the fairway (How weird is that!) or if there is more than 4-5 feet of elevation change - or if I simply need the carry.

fringe putting.....

yes sometimes you fluff it - It happens when you are trying to hit it with a small amount of power - and the immediate lie in front of your ball is uphill. hit it hard, or chip it.

RSS