Forums

Help › Forums

Re: so different

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 19 2010 3:22 PM (1 replies)
  • rogerstan
    9 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 2:26 PM

i play most games on st andrews. when i decide to play a tournament of the same course every thing is so different, such as wind. speed of greens. and t off distances. what is the point in practicing to improve then playing a course that you have practised on and  finding it is completely different just because you are playing a tournament.   

i can go round st andrews in one under to one over, in a tournament im lucky to go the same cours in about seven over. why cant 2 courses be even in practice and tournaments.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 3:22 PM

Roger,

Once you sign up to play a tournament the winds and green speeds appear on the tournament window.  Like this:

After signing up for a tournament, don't tee off right away. Note the conditions and go play your practice round with those conditions from your ranked round tees.  In your case as a Pro, it would be the Yellow tees at St. Andrews.  The green speeds and wind general strength will be the same, only the wind direction and actual velocity will be different.

RSS