Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Challenging?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:39 PM (2 replies)
  • davethedruid
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 4:57 PM

I have found WGT to be a very entertaining simulation, if you can overlook the fact that every hole is played in a howling gale.

The swing meter requires some form of superhuman reflexes to make it land anywhere near the center line.

The ball accelerates like a ferrari on steroids when it lands on the green.

Finally, when on the green, you appear to be putting across a relief map of the himalayas.

Is it me???????

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:27 PM
    Try joining a country club where you can get good advice and set up tournaments with the conditions that you prefer. There are also a few WGT tournies that are with zero wind so they might help. Meter speed can be changed by using a slower meter ball.
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:39 PM

Dave, please accept some hints.

Wind differs between the courses, BPB and OAK may be difficult to play with Starter clubs but tamer in that respect.

Hitting the Ding is all about practice. You may buy balls with "feel" which means slower meter.

Starter clubs and balls have low trajectory and low spin. It's quite impossible to land the balls on the dime.

Look at the green speeds, they vary widely, and slope influence varies with them. There are three grades above "Standard", each running 10 % longer than the previous. The top two, Tourney II (for Legends) and Championship, add another 5% each. "Fast" (Pro) greens are harmless, believe me. It's gonna become ice at some time.

Please allow me a note concerning your clubs: You carry two drivers and only on wedge. One and two will be better for your game. If you want to upgrade equipment, I'd propose two wedges as a start (ATV or Ping, from lvl 39 up!)

RSS