Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Earnings leaders

Thu, May 1 2014 9:26 AM (25 replies)
  • rollone
    777 Posts
    Fri, Apr 25 2014 2:26 PM

I wish one day my finger and mouse and eyes will work as one and score incredibly. until that day I will be in awe of the top players. hey they got it, I don't....bummer....but its still fun and that's the whole point.

• motomadd
    10 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 7:21 AM

I have only been a member since the beginning of the year and have slowly but steadily moved up through the tiers to Master now. In the time I've been playing there is no doubt that practice, learning the courses and the greens is key. IMO cheating on a game like this is pointless, the point to me is improving your game to see where you stand with others. With the amount of games the top tier players have under their belts they (oops there is that "they" word) know exactly where they want to put the ball on every shot and every hole from tee to hole. I have complete respect for all of the top tier players, and congrats to all of them. Through time my finger and mouse and eyes have started to work together. This is a great site and I love playing here.

On a bit of a side note, is there any way to see the view the overall tour leader board beyond the top 25? All I can see is the top 25 on the year to date tour standings.

Thank you WGT for the hours,,,OK days,,, of fun you have provided me with....

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 8:16 AM

sweetmiffy:

And another post just got hijacked.

Sigh.

Sorry, sweetmiffy. I didn't mean to start the mess that ensued.

I believed the first two players were legit and should have acknowledged that before pointing out the third player on the list.

The earnings for JK was not what got my attention. It was the combination of being a Hack and being at level 18. But the way he got there was by not playing any ranked rounds. That's a loophole that needs to be given some attention.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 9:19 AM

BubbaSauce:

The earnings for JK was not what got my attention. It was the combination of being a Hack and being at level 18. But the way he got there was by not playing any ranked rounds. That's a loophole that needs to be given some attention.

One more time...HE played in a closed COMPANY tournament and WON a set of golf clubs WORTH $1000....that's all, he is an employee not a regular here....

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 9:23 AM

I just got educated on the whole JK saga.

Legit account, only for the purpose of that private tournament.

My apologies for bringing attention to it without knowing the full story.

I will say though, it shows a way of keeping yourself in the lower tiers while you rack up XP's and gain access to better equipment.

If you can lower your average by beating a higher-tiered player in match play, why not create a similar formula for other non-ranked round type of games?

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 9:26 AM

fatdan:

One more time...HE played in a closed COMPANY tournament and WON a set of golf clubs WORTH $1000....that's all, he is an employee not a regular here....

I get that he wasn't doing it for the purposes of cheating, but it does expose a method cheaters could take advantage of.

RSS