Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 700 credits....

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:07 PM (5 replies)
  • PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:50 AM

should i get a new driver, or a set of g10 irons...or maybe a wedge and a spyder putter?

any thoughts would be appreciated

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 9:57 AM

Don't be in a rush to get something just yet, PR. You will naturally level up as you play and the higher the level, the better the equipment choices. What you have available to your level now is better than what you have but you will soon outplay whatever you get and will be wanting better.

There are good arguments for all the first club choices but don't shoot yourself in the foot by spending your credits too quickly. GL

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:40 AM

I would agree, wait until you reach a higher level.  The clubs you are using now really have little or no difference in the quality of play.  When you can get some of the "better clubs", I would suggest the R9 driver, Rapture V2 irons, and the Ping W series wedges.  As for the putter, rossa and spyder are about equal in my perspective.

Hope this helps!

Yokosaki

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:03 PM

yokosaki:
    As for the putter, rossa and spyder are about equal in my perspective.

In meter speed only. They are drastically different where it counts-the precision.

• wsmd
    63 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:07 PM

.. .. Go the 'Master G10's'..  great irons that you will enjoy while sorting out the inevitable driver meter speed change.. good luck!

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:46 AM

True.

I use the Spyder because the meter is slower and I can "ding" more.

Thanks Jim.

RSS