Help › Forums

Re: new player info

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 7 2014 4:33 AM (6 replies)
  • bobleg
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 12:45 PM

good day every 1.

i started to play last week and when i started to play there was a pop up in game showing me all the reward for continus log in / play ..im now at 7th day played in a row.

i know i was supose to get some stuff  along the way other than just XP ... unless i realy missreaded it on the 1st  & 2 nd day ... then it vanished and i dont know where are those info anymore.

thanks for any insigh on this .

P.S: i took a female avatar cause its just nicer to look at lol...

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 8:40 PM

Besides a free driver upgrade, which i see you have gotten, not sure what else they are doing for newer players now. Hopefully someone that has recently started can give you more of an idea.

Welcome though, this game is very addicting. Have fun with it, don't get discouraged, it WILL get better and easier :-)

~~Mika~~

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 9:41 PM

I think you and I started around the same time.. I'm probably day 11 or 12 now. The driver was the only thing they gave me and I see you got it so you're good. Hope you're liking the game as much as I am, see you out there..

If you're looking for someone with similar skill level, or lack thereof, to play some of the alternate game modes with just hit me up.. That goes for all newbies in fact, just friend me.

ISH

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 12:13 AM

+1 ISH - friends in similar situations help a lot. As an addition, enter a CC - advanced members will help, too.

@bobleg: The company doesn't give away credits or items worth credits easily. Most of the time, you get XPs with steadily renewed potential to draw credits from your pocket in the Pro Shop.

The only "free" credits (50 - 250) come from tiering up IIRC. I don't consider the prizes in free Monthly or Weekly tourneys free because you need supernatural skills and best equipment which are costly.

In rare occations, we get a single ball or a Putter Pal for free, plus an avatar with the US Open qualifier (the best reason to enter as a low tier/level player).

Add a free rental weekend about twice a year, that's about it.

Cash flow is meant to be reverse - they want our best - for themselves.

Capitalism ruLeZ!

It's up to the users to act different, generous - see the various Christmas giveaway occasions.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 12:20 AM

alosso:

Most of the time, you get XPs with steadily renewed potential to draw credits from your pocket in the Pro Shop.

I remember when I first joined I thought you used those experience points to buy items.  I was well gutted to go to the pro shop and find I wasn't mega rich after all.

ISH47:

If you're looking for someone with similar skill level, or lack thereof, to play some of the alternate game modes with just hit me up.. That goes for all newbies in fact, just friend me.

Don't be afraid to play with those in a higher tier too.  When I was relatively inexperienced I loved the chance to play with a legend, the top tier at the time, as it was a chance to pick up some great tips.

Since I turned tour legend I've been booted out of every random game lobby I've been invited to.  I look upon it as their loss, playing against someone better than yourself is the fastest way to get better yourself. 

Almost all TL's and legends are more than happy to pass on their knowledge to those who want to learn, not making use of that opportunity is silly.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 12:35 AM

@MainzMan

Good to know.. thnx.

ISH

• JarheadDuffer
    157 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 4:33 AM

MainzMan:

Don't be afraid to play with those in a higher tier too.  When I was relatively inexperienced I loved the chance to play with a legend, the top tier at the time, as it was a chance to pick up some great tips.

Since I turned tour legend I've been booted out of every random game lobby I've been invited to.  I look upon it as their loss, playing against someone better than yourself is the fastest way to get better yourself. 

Almost all TL's and legends are more than happy to pass on their knowledge to those who want to learn, not making use of that opportunity is silly.

While I really enjoy playing and learning from higher level players I prefer to play on the green speed for my tier. Still trying to bring that average down and slowly work towards TM then Legend.The fact that playing a higher level forces you up to their green speed is why I usually back out of games with Legends.

Don't really care if I get there because I still enjoy the game but we all have to have goals. Ah who I am kidding? I do care. LOL

RSS