Forums

Help › Forums

Re: G'day! New swinging player Intro!!

Sun, Nov 21 2010 6:49 PM (7 replies)
  • flushinjus
    76 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 4:47 AM

I started playing WGT a few weeks ago and I love it! My name's Justin and I've player Golf all my life, I played off scratch at one time at New Brighton golf course in Sydney, Australia. My "live" golf has become less frequent over the last few years and WGT has inspired me to get back into it, I hit a few wedges today :) . I'm also an online poker player so I play this game for a bit of fun and to blow off some stream after a bad session , didn't relise WGT is almost as frustrating as real golf :)  

Well enough about me, just made this post to sat Hi.  Feel free to drop by and intro yourself to me, maybe give me some suggestions about the game or recomend country clubs etc.  

Just a few questions if anyone reads this and can be bothered.

1.  Can you "freeroll" (not purchase credits)  with the tiers and a few touney places to Upgrade your gear to a decent level?

2. Are the offers worth completing?

3. Can you be competitive in the games without the good equipment?

4. In what order should a noob like me buy the eqipment?

Thanks everyone!! Good Luck on the course!

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 11:22 AM

I) Hypothetically.

2)Well, sort of, if you're lucky.

3)Not really.

4) A longer hitting driver and a decent wedge should be high on your list, and a decent putter.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 3:12 PM

My opinion on this and glad to have you on the site..

1)  You should not purchase things until you have played a while and got the lay of the land.

2)  The offers that you want, such as Netflix and a few others are worth it if you are interested in those things, the surveys rarely qualify me.

3)  You can not be competitive without new equipment, not with the better players.

4)  You should wait as long as possible to buy equipment, keep in mind that as you move higher you will play longer tees and faster greens and want even better clubs, your trade in value of your clubs is only 25%.

• flushinjus
    76 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 6:39 AM

Thanks.

I'm LVL 27 at the moment, should I upgrade shortly? 

• slicklefty
    63 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 10:36 PM
    hi welcome i upgraded at level 24 and am glad i did its worth it (driver,3 wood,and putter)if ya want to play give me a shout i,m always up for a round.good luck!
  • flushinjus
    76 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 9:30 PM

I couldn't resist and purchased the 2000 credits to get the free PING rapture 10.5 for Ryder cup weekend. I'm loving that extra 17 yards off the tee! I have a few credits now and have to think of what equipment to buy next? I think I need a new putter but want the datona (LVL 55). I also think a new fairway/hybrid would be a good upgrade? Any suggestions of what path to take buying equipment. I'm also addicted to the 10 credit spin balls. I can't play with the standard ones anymoe :) is that a waste of credits or what?? GL on the Greens

• flushinjus
    76 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 4:29 AM

1 month and WGT! Now level 44, average 70.3. Its been fun proabaly reduce my volume a bit when I get to level 55 or so.  

• flushinjus
    76 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 6:49 PM

Just purchased a CC for a bit of fun with friiends. Come & join the Spin revolution Golf Club.

RSS