Help › Forums

Re: Quick Introduction, Newish Player, First Time Poster

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 11 2014 3:50 PM (5 replies)
  • dugup46
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 9 2014 7:13 AM

Hello everyone!

I joined WGT back in August; however, I didn't get too much play out of it.  I think I moved up the first 15 levels or so and kind of dropped off the map.  Recently I got back into the game and, for whatever reason, am finding it much more enjoyable this time around.  I completed a few offers, leveled myself up, and plan to continue competing at a high level.

I signed up for my first few tournaments over the past week, and have scored fairly well for the Pro tier, although I believe I'm about due to bump up to Tour Pro here shortly.  So I went ahead, purchased all the clubs I think I need until I get up to the 80s, and am hitting the greens regularly now (last 16 of 17 days or so).

I did start a country club; however, I would also consider joining a small club with a few regular members who are just on here to have some fun and play regularly with one another.

If anyone has any advice, tips moving forward, etc - please feel free to share.  Look forward to seeing you guys out on the links.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 3:16 PM

Welcome.  I too am rather new. Feel free to ck out our Club website.  Think you will find a lot of tips.

Gary

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 3:59 PM

hmmmm....

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 5:20 PM

Congratulations on the promotion but may I ask , why start a cc when only 2 friends ?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 9:52 PM
    That looks like a great club there Gary, plenty of activity. It isn't easy starting out as a Tour Pro as the higher tiers tend to keep away and the lower tiers tend to go for a big club. You're doing great.
  • dugup46
    2 Posts
    Sun, May 11 2014 3:50 PM

Well the original idea behind it was just for the guys at work and people I know personally.  Not sure if that's really the way to go after seeing what the bigger CCs have to offer.  I think I may just be better off finding a nice club to sign up for.

Thanks for all the hellos!  Game is a great time.  Right after I made the post I was promoted to Tour Pro, can't wait to get after the bigger money now and tougher competition!

RSS