Forums

Help › Forums

Deleted Post

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 10 2014 3:57 PM (9 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 12:45 PM

• Why is it that some people can't, or won't, make paragraphs(¶) when they type text? Lol. Φ

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 12:52 PM
    I can't with Maxthon. I guess it's the same for some others.
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 1:21 PM

I tend to wonder what types of paragraphs you're referring to?  Are we talking the idiotic two-sentence ones you'll find in the Times, or the beautiful but long prose's you're forced to write in a college English class?

As long as the paragraph sticks with the "topic sentence", I'm fine with those long winded well organized paragraphs.  When they hop all over the continent from one topic to another, I tend to agree with you.

• ScottHope
    10,359 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 1:39 PM

If you really want to, you can go into the HTML editor and stick a new paragraph tag <p> into the text where you want your new paragraph to begin. Or, if you want a new paragraph without the blank line inbetween, then your tag should be <br />.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 2:18 PM

I am a free mind.

Just don't care what or how I post.

I left school 42 years ago. Lol

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 3:09 PM

If my typing and my prose and poetry upsets anyone, let me say I could care less. I have never been a computer whizz and never will be. I try to do the best I can and surely don't need the perfection police to ditz me. I graduated 44 years ago and we actually wrote letters in long hand, we spoke face to face and spelled out every word. If I asked a girl to dance I did not text her across the room. I walked up and offered my hand, said would you hold this while we dance. I was never turned down. Kids now days have no idea what they are missing. I offered my hand to my wife almost 44 years ago, asked her if she would hold it while I took a long walk. We're still walking hand in hand. Take this to the bank, it can still work.

• craigswan
    31,567 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 3:15 PM

bring back the spelling police .

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 3:26 PM

Eh, you'll never take me alive , Copper ! Me an' Sdorr an' the Dog Boss ain't gonna give it up that easy. Not to say nuthin' about Yancyspeak ! There's more 'n a few of us considers these here forums our own, an' if youse thinkin' youse gonna change that, you got a better shot at bird with VEM on Max ! Just sayin' !

Doc :)

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 3:32 PM

renniw52:
    don't need the perfection police to ditz me.

Thats what your friend,s are for .

iaaVR ( R ) ft

RSS