Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Shaft Upgrades?

Fri, Oct 1 2010 4:50 AM (7 replies)
  • SEK1
    38 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 3:17 PM

I just got back from getting my driver Re shafted today and this though came to mind

For the WGT pro shop how about a shaft upgrade feature to give your irons/drivers more edge in performance?

more shafts (able to be purchased in the pro shop which affect the following):

• Trajectory change (representing the kick point in a real shaft)
    • More distance (representing swing weight)
    • slower swing meter (to represent proper shaft fitting upgrading accuracy)
    • precision (just because)

lets hear your thoughts.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 1:50 AM

How much did it cost?

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 1:21 PM

I only paid $70 installed on a UST Mamiya AXIV Green X stiff shaft, MSRP is 185 and online its about 140

but the place that installed it mislead me on how long i should let it dry and i sent my r9 supertri head about 100 yards onto the first hole, so looks like they are gonna get me a free supertri! (since the head of the one that WAS on the shaft is MIA somewhere on the course or in the lake.)

• RedFoxgm
    7 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 4:43 AM

Hi, 

Shaft Upgrades as an option in the pro shop? Sounds like a good idea to me, and needed.

Fox

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 7:09 PM

Yes as an option in the pro shop, sorry i should have clarified more

• RedFoxgm
    7 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 7:31 PM

Yeah SEK1, it was clear you were saying that the shaft options should be available in pro shop. I was just agreeing with you they should. Great suggestion. Other golf sims offer this too.

Cheers, 

Fox

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 10:00 PM

haha gotcha, and by the way Welcome to WGT! it really is a great setup much more real than any other sims offer.

• RedFoxgm
    7 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 4:50 AM

SEK1:
    otc

Thanks SEK1 for the warm welcome. Been enjoying it. Yes, I would agree with you on it's realism as compared to other sims. It can only get better.

Fox

RSS