Forums

Help › Forums

Re: This may cause a major outburst against the Squirrel.

Mon, Jun 2 2014 2:27 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, May 29 2014 5:59 PM

renniw52:
    All the media

Back then people got this thing called a " News Paper "

A milk man would stop and tell .

2 Times a year it was a big thing to go to the City to see family .

Our phone was on a Party Line . 

Time moves on , Kind of like Changing of the Guard .

iaaVR ( R ) ft 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, May 29 2014 6:11 PM

Well then, I rest my case.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, May 29 2014 7:20 PM

renniw52:

I don't expect anyone who has never served active duty in a less than desirable situation to understand my rant here.

Impossible for them to understand...gotta be there...

I came home and wanted to surprise my mom...sat at the airport 5 hrs before a friend could get there to pick me up...not one person said a word to me the whole time, that's why I make a point to acknowledge anyone in uniform in public.

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Fri, May 30 2014 4:18 AM

When I see or hear a vet around I always go up to them and shake their hand and thank them and tell them how much they mean to me.....and it really pisses me off BIG time to see how these vets are treated when they come back and can't even get medical treatment.   This crap on the news right now about the VA hospitals is just down right shameful & disgraceful-----this kind of *** should not be happening to them of all people.  This country has---and still is going down the tubes faster than people can keep up with.

And by the way my dad went to Korea when he was just 17 and was a prisoner of war of a few years until somehow he escaped in the dead of winter with nothing on but his underwear and walked threw knee deep snow until they found him....he came back with all his toes frostbitten off and still somehow went to work and provided for us until he was finally able to get 100 %  disability  late in his life.   One tuff man indeed.

• LesaD
    187 Posts
    Fri, May 30 2014 2:08 PM

Thank you all for your service and sacrifices.

My grandfather is a D-Day vet from the Texas National Guard, served three years in France and Germany.  Three years!  So believe me, the Guard and Reserves do serve, and if the local media seem to be more supportive these days, then I for one am happy to see it.  And I don't think there is any possibility of compromise, everyone knows where our troops are being stationed.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 2:27 PM

HeII, I've only been out a lil over ten years. I had to say my goodbyes before going on base. 

Welcome home was different, but the leaving part not so fun.

100% on your side here Squirrel nutz. :-)

• PAGES
RSS