Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Popup ads

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 7 2014 6:00 AM (5 replies)
  • 914guy
    90 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 3:13 PM

OK, these are a serious irritation, and a sad money grubbing attempt be the people behind WGT, MLB, and several other play-sites

I'm talking about the ads that suddenly appear in the right lower corner of the screen, usually starting when you are making a swing, and distracting the outcome.  I've quit the MLB site and 2 other associated sites today because of this.  I will quit this site if ONE MORE of these popup ads screws me up!

You marketing people behind WGT and MLB are  rapidly killing the golden goose.  We play this site competitively because we like it, but these popup ads destroy concentration.

Why?  Are you guys THAT greedy (stupid question).  Keep it up & you'll see regular players drop like stones.  STOP IT, because I'm only affected negatively by any/all of them.  If I have to, I'll contact the offending companies myself to let them know.

Rant over!

• lencraddy
    1,927 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 4:29 PM

Do you really think those Ad firms care,      No Way

with them only   Money Talks,    the mighty Dollar  $$$$$$$

suggest you try an AD Blocker,       just a thought .

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 4:42 PM

lencraddy:

suggest you try an AD Blocker,       just a thought .

+1or good luck...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 4:45 PM

914guy:
    I'm talking about the ads that suddenly appear in the right lower corner of the screen, usually starting when you are making a swing, and distracting the outcome.  I've quit the MLB site and 2 other associated sites today because of this.

That sounds like a virus or malware.  It also sounds like you need AdBlock. Can't tell you the last time I saw an ad anywhere. :-)

• 914guy
    90 Posts
    Fri, Jun 6 2014 10:51 AM

did!

Works!  THX!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 7 2014 6:00 AM

914guy:

did!

Works!  THX!

Good for you. In the future if an ad happens to get through the AdBlock filters, right click on the ad and AdBlock will walk you through the process to filter it. :-)

RSS