Sat, Jul 12 2014 5:31 PM

Lets start preview/prediction.

Argentina:

Pro.

1. Great counter attacking team because of messi

2. Coach's luck

Cons.

1. Everything else.

2. Weak defense ( never tested with easy opponents)

3. Over reliant on messi on offense

4. Lack of speed on wingers to spread the field to free messi

Germany

Pros

1. Klose

2. Tactical  awareness 

3. Clones ( every play is almost replacable with another guy , Imposing physical presence)

4. Long precision pass utilization ( this would  scare most teams)

Cons

1. Can underestimate argentina by over attacking

2. Coach's bad luck.

Only thing favors argentina is coach's luck. if Germany plays pateint game they win 3-1 atleast. if not it may go penalty. Argentina to win they need penalty because without counter attack , argentina offense can not freeup space for messi to do his magic.

( Watched most highlights of messi , i find defense is non existant. They are not even fouling him. it almost seems like players do not want to miss game because they may lose money?. Porus defense in club games makes messi look great)

I never seen him dribble that much in all of his world cup games , he would have foulded the minute he cross second defender. I just do not believe messi hype.

Germany will win this one easy unless they mess up tactics by over thinking. 

• NottiGal
    82 Posts
    Sat, Jul 12 2014 6:06 PM

my predictions......the german coach will use 1 man to mark MESSI out of the game..and what do argentina have ..zilch..phewwwwww  a one man team...........hands down Germany will win this world cup without extra time.......2-0 will be the final score...dont believe me..cause i dont know much about football :)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Jul 12 2014 11:50 PM

1990 in Italy, "Diego" Buchwald marked Maradona in the final, and won.

Buchwald judges Messi as a stronger player, but given the awareness and concentration of the German team, they should succeed in this task.

Plus, the Argentine performance was far from brilliant in the semifinal...

I'm optimistic!

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sun, Jul 13 2014 12:14 AM

Go Germany, avoid the Brazilians' ultimate nightmare to see Argentina win the cup.

RSS