Help › Forums

Re: Beware of skins cheaters

Mon, Aug 11 2014 5:20 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 5:54 PM

WGTyphoon:

Any form of cheating should be reported to our CS team. Make sure when you contact them that you provide some proof like a screenshot. This can help us in dealing with multiple accounts and overall cheating. 

lol  you can post all the screen shots you want ....WGT still wont do anything  .....  its all about money to them.......best advice ,,, play only with friends

• rgpsales
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 11:18 PM

Thanks WG.  I've reported it and am watching their accounts.  So far, it's been three days and they are still doing it.  You can see it in their short history. .I've decided I won't be spending any money at all on this game as long as they are allowed to do this.  It's a great game but I simply can't support a company that cares so little for their users.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 11:27 PM

rgpsales:

That's what they were doing.  They would intentionally miss the putt if the other would win the hole.  Had the other made the putt the skins would have carried over.

Same as Paul, gotcha.  You did indeed get mugged.

Stick to playing with friends, there are too many sharks in the pool for my liking.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 12:55 AM

WGTyphoon:

Any form of cheating should be reported to our CS team. Make sure when you contact them that you provide some proof like a screenshot. This can help us in dealing with multiple accounts and overall cheating. 

Screen shot of what? Pretty hard to prove someone deliberately missed a putt I'd say.

Maybe if people just report players they think are playing as a team in skins the same names will keep coming up and something could be done.

Rpgsales, don't play skins.  There will be some there that are multi's, some doing what you saw and many with very good equipment for their tier (wonder if a multi could play with two of their golfers in the same skins game?).  You are a TM with some of your equipment from around level 40, you'd have to be exceptionally good to win.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 1:15 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Screen shot of what? Pretty hard to prove someone deliberately missed a putt I'd say.

Exactly my thoughts when reading WGTyphoon's reply.

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 5:20 PM

Documented proof always helps in these matters. Regardless if it seems silly to take a screenshot it is the best option when reporting matters like this. Without proper proof it sadly ends up being wild accusations. You can take a screenshot of the final scorecard for the player. In the end this assists the CS team when they investigate the claims of cheaters, hackers, and multiple accounts. 

• PAGES
RSS