Forums

Help › Forums

Beware of skins cheaters

Mon, Aug 11 2014 5:20 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rgpsales
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 2:22 AM

I was involved in a skins game with two guys (names withheld due to board rules but message me and I'll tell you who they are) who rigged the game.  I became suspicious when one of the two guys missed putts intentionally several times.  Looking at their profiles it turns out they are in the same CC.  I've been watching the histories of both and they do this a lot. 

WGT seems uninterested in curtailing this sort of thing so far but it has been reported.

I recommend extreme caution if you're playing skins.

• lvion
    25 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 2:29 AM

Could be the same player on separate accounts. I love those types anyways as I just beat them.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 3:36 AM

One of them was missing putts in order for the other to win the hole?  It may not be very ethical but if you were already out of contention then they weren't robbing you of anything as far as I can see.

I'm not sure WGT can, or indeed need to, do anything about this to be honest.

Skins are generally best played against friends, you never know what you'll get otherwise.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 4:25 AM

MainzMan:
    One of them was missing putts in order for the other to win the hole?  It may not be very ethical but if you were already out of contention then they weren't robbing you of anything as far as I can see.

I'd think they were, if the hole is tied the credits are carried over to the next hole.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 5:18 AM

DodgyPutter:

MainzMan:

I'd think they were, if the hole is tied the credits are carried over to the next hole.

Which gives the OP another chance to win them.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 6:01 AM

It takes all kinds. It is kind of hinckey. In my Father's many golf tales, I remember one about this large, every thursday skins game at Jurupa Hills CC, in Riverside, CA. It was popular and drew around 100 or so "sticks" from around the area. This was in the 70's, and with the buy-in, skins were worth around $200 to $1,000 each depending upon the number that held. His story was centered around notables he had played with over time. This game would include, from time to time, names like Gary McCord, Don Pooley, Dave Stockton and most college players on full-ride from UCLA, USC, etc. With the skins and side bets, it could be a big money day, but, he said, a wonderful fun day. He mentioned exactly what you are talking about...players who buddy up and split the proceeds....most playing were, after all, true golf bums...tee it up, drink big time, hook-up to hit the sack.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 9:21 AM

PaulTon:

DodgyPutter:

MainzMan:

Which gives the OP another chance to win them.

Not sure if what I meant was unclear.

RGP is playing skins with A and B;  RGP is out of the hole and A has a putt to tie the hole with B but deliberately misses.  The credits are gone, as far as RPG is concerned.  If A had holed the putt RPG still had a chance to win these credits as they would have carried over to the next hole.

• rgpsales
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 9:25 AM

That's what they were doing.  They would intentionally miss the putt if the other would win the hole.  Had the other made the putt the skins would have carried over.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 2:22 PM

Ah, got you now. Yeah you got mugged.

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 5:26 PM

Any form of cheating should be reported to our CS team. Make sure when you contact them that you provide some proof like a screenshot. This can help us in dealing with multiple accounts and overall cheating. 

• PAGES
RSS