Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hello

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 20 2014 8:18 AM (8 replies)
  • MartinHughes1
    12 Posts
    Wed, Aug 13 2014 3:47 AM

Hello, I'm Martin from Llangybi in South Wales.  I have been playing on WGT for 17 days and having a lot of fun. It is a big learning curve for me, and I am having the most terrific struggle with putting (I'm sure this is the case for a lot of new players, though.)

This is my best shot to date: Double Eagle from 221yd on Kiawah:

http://bit.ly/1q84ZZp

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Aug 13 2014 10:45 AM

MartinHughes1:

Hello, I'm Martin from Llangybi in South Wales.  I have been playing on WGT for 17 days and having a lot of fun. It is a big learning curve for me, and I am having the most terrific struggle with putting (I'm sure this is the case for a lot of new players, though.)

This is my best shot to date: Double Eagle from 221yd on Kiawah:

http://bit.ly/1q84ZZp

Welcome to the game Martin.  Glad to have you aboard.

- WGTdbloshoe

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Aug 13 2014 11:31 AM

Hello  and welcome to this  WGT game.....yes it is not easy to master but most with patience get very good at it ......    double eagle wow  this is one shot I have not been able to do yet. So congrats , and  practice  or playing a lot is the ticket to success .

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Aug 13 2014 2:28 PM

0h Martin ! 17 days, 1 post, 1 double eagle ? My, my....I'm speechless....Anyway, Welcome !

~ SP ~

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Wed, Aug 13 2014 2:53 PM

Welcome, hope you enjoy this game as much as I do.

Gary

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Thu, Aug 14 2014 2:00 AM

SweetiePie:
    0h Martin ! 17 days, 1 post, 1 double eagle ? My, my....I'm speechless....

Wow.  17 days.  I've been on this site for two and a half years and I still don't have one.  You make me sick, Martin!!  17 days!!  I gotta go throw up now.  ;-)

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Thu, Aug 14 2014 12:48 PM

Very nice indeed.  I know many players who have been here years and can play brilliantly but still haven't managed that elusive double eagle.

Here's the replay for anyone interested in seeing it.   Funny thing is now I play with expensive balls and clubs I don't get anywhere near enough run out to pull off a shot like that.  If I land short of the green, even with some top spin, I rarely roll onto it.

Very well done.

• Anonymous69
    48 Posts
    Fri, Aug 15 2014 8:44 AM

skill and a good equipment is good, but lucky is the best part in all type of game and is for all players...congrats!!, enjoy and have fun...lol

• MartinHughes1
    12 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 8:18 AM

Thank you all for such a warm welcome to WGT !

RSS