Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Changes to the Stats <div>

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 14 2010 11:08 AM (6 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 3:03 PM

"Putting Avg. Per Round" is totally worthless.  If you play mostly 9-hole rounds, a good player will have ~14 putts/round.  If that same player played mostly 18-hole rounds, they'd have ~22 putts/round.  It is really less a question of putting skill and more a question of whether you prefer to play 9-hole or 18-hole rounds.

"% Putts Made from X - Y Feet" is also completely worthless, seeing as how a crappy putter can have better 0-5 and 5-10 ft percentages than a great putter.  I like the stat, but it's not implemented correctly.  If a player sinks 95% of his 0-5 ft putts, make it say 95%.  If he sinks 80% of his 5-10 ft putts, make it say 80%.

It would also be nice if the stats were based upon the last 100 rounds played instead of being polluted by stats accumulated back when great players were hitting off the master tees or by the fact that some players take 2-6 months to become very good, whereas others started off very good because it wasn't their first account.  If you took a good player who had played before and made him a member starting in April, ending in July, his stats would be pretty awesome, but if you took the same player and made him start in September for the very first time, his stats would be horrible.  Changes to the game (levels, legend tier, etc.), when players played the game (game difficulty at the time, whether or not it was their first account, etc.), and several other factors have a bigger impact on stats than the actual skill of the player, and that sorta makes all the stats useless.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 10:59 PM

Geeze.   No support for spending 30 minutes of coding time to fix stats.  :(

• pricey300
    44 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 3:17 AM

stats are just that, stats. what difference does it make?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 3:21 AM

pricey300:

stats are just that, stats. what difference does it make?

Because if we're going to have stats, they ought not be worthless and/or wrong.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 6:22 AM

The putting stats have been wrong useless in the way they are calculated for a long long time... and to my knowledge have never been fixed.  See this thread

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 6:32 AM

Charle, nothing new from you on this subject that hasn't been covered hundreds of times.  They all need some work done, but more importantly they need to add a few stats, some would be key to avoid sandbaggers and help WGT base tiers not just by score.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 11:08 AM

The putting stats have been wrong useless in the way they are calculated for a long long time... and to my knowledge have never been fixed.  See this thread

It's been mentioned before, but I haven't seen a Product Suggestions about it since joining (not that I have been looking too closely), so I figured I'd make one.

It's also very easy to fix, and if WGT is at all concerned about the difficulties of implementing it retroactively, then they shouldn't make it retroactive.  People who are playing now should be given an option to switch over to the new, fixed stats, and if they accept that change, they should be put on the new stats system.  If they don't, or if they are retired, they should remain on the old stats system.

neildiamond11790:
    Charle, nothing new from you on this subject that hasn't been covered hundreds of times.  They all need some work done, but more importantly they need to add a few stats, some would be key to avoid sandbaggers and help WGT base tiers not just by score.

That's easy.

Allow MPC wins to affect people's averages.  If a 100 AVG amateur beats a 65 legend, then he should have an "MPC Win: 65" attached to his score history, impacting his average just like a 65-stroke 18-hole round.

That right there would probably cut the number of MPC sandbaggers in half.

On top of that, their mini profile, which you can see in game, should be available in the game lobby, and a tab should be added to show their MPC record by-tier, e.g. MPC vs. Legends: 3-4... MPC vs. TM: 6-6... MPC vs. M: 4-2... MPC vs. TP: 6-3... etc."

I have given these and countless other suggestions to WGT to address such matters.

RSS