Help › Forums

Re: Whats Happened?.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 29 2014 9:28 PM (9 replies)
  • willy53
    42 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 7:58 AM

Dear all,

Just went up to Master level, thanks for nothing WGT, can't  seem to play anymore, is this a case of where you have to purchase more expensive equipment again?, hope not cause I aint goin to, can't quite get it round my head how guys supposedly on the same level as you can be up to 20 shots under par on one 18 hole game, Tiger and Rory would be over the moon with scores like this, me to!!, so is this real scores or are people out there cheating in some way?, or have I just gone completely crap overnight, I only win a few credits now and then guys, but just can't birdie anything anymore, can someone explain what's happening PLEASE.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 11:51 AM

From the outside looking in, your stats in short game & putting need attention...seek help. Also, you need better wedges. Also, kudos for becoming Master, especially with the above short game stats.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 12:15 PM

First congrats on becoming a Master.               Most of us at one point  said  or had in mind the same comments you have written (Willy)    .    Keep at it be patient ,short game is very important for Master an up    . For the price of a good meal  in a restaurant you could get yourself 3  good wedges,    And practice makes better players .........     Practice and patience  is the ticket on WGT.               Good hitting  good luck.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 12:49 PM

What i've noticed Wily,is that you have 2 drivers equipped.Personally i would sell the lower level driver back to the Pro Shop,and invest in a wedge or 2 depending on how much the resale value of the driver is.

Also now you've moved up to Master Tier ,your green speed will also of changed.So you will have to learn the new speed of your putts,and the fact they will take the break quicker than your previous green speed.All about practice i'm afraid,but once you've got it down you'll be wondering what ya was moaning about lol.

Russell

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 12:56 PM

The level of difficulty goes up a bit with with tier in several ways. The tees get moved back making the golf courses longer, the greens get faster, and the VEM gets turned up a notch.

That's also why your stroke average resets when you move up a tier.

As we move up a tier the number of ranked rounds required to saturate our score average and again move up a tier also increases.

As a Tour Pro, 30 ranked rounds and a scoring average of 67 is required. At the Master tier, 40 ranked rounds and a scoring average of 63 is required to move up to Tour Master.

Note: Wins in Match Play and some of the other game types against higher tier players can also cause you to 'tier up' even if you do have the required ranked rounds and scoring average.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 1:08 PM

ApexPC:
    the VEM gets turned up a notch.

That point can't be stressed enough. This game is like many other games in that it has higher difficulty as you progress.. Some games, you can manually choose which difficulty you want to play at. With this one, it's tied in with the tiers.. 

So, you haven't forgot how to play.. You just have to learn how to play at this new level.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 1:47 PM

+1 in general, but no green speed change. It's "Very fast" like it was as a Tour Pro.

But, the tracks "win" a lot in length, therefore the approaches become longer or impossible - that's the major change.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 2:36 PM

alosso:

+1 in general, but no green speed change. It's "Very fast" like it was as a Tour Pro.

But, the tracks "win" a lot in length, therefore the approaches become longer or impossible - that's the major change.

Well it was a long time ago that i was at those Tiers lol,thought Tour Pro was fast and Master/Tour Master was very fast.My bad :(

Russell

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 7:46 PM

@ Willy : First off you have 2 drivers and a 3 wood in your bag . Get rid of the lower level driver .

Start  upgrading your wedges , you will need 3 to back up your irons.  Start with your p/w and work backwards spacing your wedges 15 - 20 yards apart .

Get rid of the starter ball . You can get a better ball than the free one , starting around 40 credits a sleeve . Use the starter ball for practice rounds only to figure out shots .

You will upgrade your clubs if you want to get better . Once you hit Legend you will move back one more tee . So now is the time to plan for long term upgrades . Being outside the US , free credits are harder to get . So take your time and build them up the best way you can .

The game will continue to change as you advance and play better . This is what makes it a challenge and frustrating as well . But its still fun . Dont give up or let it get the best of you . We all have been there and understand what you are going through .

Hope this helps and good luck with your game .

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 9:28 PM

Some good advice there, and don't forget that you don't have to spend money here to get new clubs. Videos and surveys do it for me.

RSS