Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Realistic Conditions

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 7 2014 1:37 PM (7 replies)
  • BobbyJones42
    12 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 9:17 AM

How am I supposed to take this seriously.  I hit a LW from 51 yds., 8 ft uphill into a 15 mph wind and reach the pin on the fly. I have a 117 yd shot, 30 ft downhill, 12 mph wind at my back. I hit a 110 yd club, 9 iron, and land 10 yds short in a ditch. I play a lot of real golf and this just doesn't happen. Couldn't these computer geeks have done better than this?  

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 10:40 AM

BobbyJones42:
    I play a lot of real golf and this just doesn't happen

I bet you don't play with garage sale clubs and range balls IRL.

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 5:38 PM

or  paddles &  ping pong balls

• BobbyJones42
    12 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 6:35 PM

OK, I get it. That must be part of the scam. I kind of wondered how I was supposed to play a 512 yd par 4 with a driver with a max of 225 that you can't even curve. How are these guys shooting 60 if the game gets harder as you go up the tiers?

• togemag
    991 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 6:35 PM

Play the game for what it is, not what you want it to be. Try UEL’s to amuse you. A heck of a lot of us play “real golf” also. You are not the only horse on this range.

Hit them well.

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 11:48 AM

on a serious note. Type in ANYTHING you want to know about this game in the SEARCH box to the right. The information given by the players is magnificent.

These large posters know what they are talking about. If you take real golf to serious this is DEFENETLY NOT the game for you. If you have a whacked sense of humor this is ABSOLUTELY the place for you.

There are more nice people here than you think.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:48 PM

BobbyJones42:

OK, I get it. That must be part of the scam. I kind of wondered how I was supposed to play a 512 yd par 4 with a driver with a max of 225 that you can't even curve. How are these guys shooting 60 if the game gets harder as you go up the tiers?

Your scores are pretty good for your Tier considering you choose not to upgrade your clubs from the starters. If you're comparing your play to others in your Tier the ones who've upgraded will have better scores. It's going to continue this way unless you try some better equipment.

BTW, if credits are an issue you have ample opportunity to earn free creds should you choose to do so . Balls in your court as to what to do about it.  GL

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 1:37 PM

BobbyJones42:

How am I supposed to take this seriously.  I hit a LW from 51 yds., 8 ft uphill into a 15 mph wind and reach the pin on the fly. I have a 117 yd shot, 30 ft downhill, 12 mph wind at my back. I hit a 110 yd club, 9 iron, and land 10 yds short in a ditch. I play a lot of real golf and this just doesn't happen. Couldn't these computer geeks have done better than this?  

And how are we meant to take you seriously as you are obviously non very informed. As mentioned - read the forums for help, it will improve your game immensely.

As for variations in distance, the starters clubs have poor precision and secondly, (and I too am a golfer off a lowish handicap) I get variation when I play real golf, primarily die to swirling winds and areas that are sheltered and the ball goes much longer than anticipated. Are you using real clubs that were made in 1950 - because these would have the same attributes as the starters clubs. But I am guessing you bought some clubs that are better - of and what is your handicap - or next you will be telling us you really are a PGA Pro and can dial in your clubs?

You are a casual player at best in this game and have not learned the game - your stats are testament to this - not too bad but not too great either.

As for calling it a scam, how can it be a scam when you have not invested anything in the game? It is a business designed to make a profit, but it also allows players like you to play for free if you choose. Players like myself have decided to put some money into the game (whether earning the free credits or opening your wallet) to maximise the enjoyment.

Is that a scam? I would suggest you think things through before making yourself look like an idiot next time.

RSS