Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Inconsistent

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 24 2014 12:21 PM (2 replies)
  • Drew1219
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 10:43 AM

This game is terrible. There is no consistent in any of it. Its like someone is sitting behind the screen deciding on when the 20 mph wind is going to affect my shot and when it won't. Only does when I don't need it to. 

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 11:47 AM

It's so inconsistent I've only been able to get my stroke average down to 62.19 stokes per 18 holes playing the longest version of each course. 

Lord knows how Tour Legend players manage to have scoring averages below 60 playing the longest version of each course, and having to putt on Championship speed greens.

When you move up to Master it gets harder.

As we move up in tier we are accorded less forgiveness on mis-hits, the golf courses get longer, and the greens get faster.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 12:21 PM

ApexPC:

When you move up [...] it gets harder.

As we move up in tier we are accorded less forgiveness on mis-hits, the golf courses get longer, and the greens get faster.

(emphasis mine)

I was just trying to express the same statement. **

What I like about the programming is that it my exaggerate a miscalculation. If I hit a little too long it throws the ball way past the pin into the rough. I quickly assume what I did wrong. But then, in a bell curve manner, if I hit a little too short the ball doesn't even make it to the green. I quickly learn what I did wrong.

When my calculation starts to get accurate, I get close to putting range and after some additional attempts (and concise note taking - with trial data recorded) I have success.

Another test of gameplay from my experience is testing if you can lose gracefully. We've all had those rounds where nothing goes right. I would give up sometimes. But, now,  if I take it on the chin and learn a certain type of detachment, I may move forward.

This kind of programming test was built into a great space simulation game called Frontier by David Braben wherein if the played avoided to save a mission in which they FAILED (many players only save game when they are successful) then they would never advance to the next rank.

So when I hear, "You score was pretty bad on that round" I think to myself. "You know it!"

JFidanza:

But I'm guessing w/ 3 forgiveness of the G25s plus the significant spin on the ball and an intentional miss ding caused a big deviation.

Since VEM ' automatically adapts to reflect changes in user skill level and keep users challenged as their skill level improves' 

it knows you are good at sinking putts of longer distance so the deviation of the intentional miss ding may be significant to afford you one challenging putt.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/260487/1877657.aspx#1877657

RSS