Help › Forums

Re: membership appeal

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 5 2014 10:12 AM (2 replies)
  • macscrubbler
    1,790 Posts
    Sat, Oct 4 2014 11:55 PM

hi

i have just launched a new club called  ' over 60s fun flappers '  and the club ethos is in the name...the emphasis is on fun ..

i am trying to recruit members whom are either over 60 years old or  shoots average score in the 60s...although we will welcome all players but if one can shoot sub 60 rounds regularly, maybe this club is not for you..i intend  to  initiate a fair  handicap system and as a recent riser to legend status  [ yesterday } i will suffer personally..

what i mean is when there are a half dozen players or so out shoot  all other members  on a regular basis entries to club events may start to dwindle, or they become events exclusively for the elite players..

there will be tier events of course if we can attract enough new members, but i have a few ideas on how tournaments, can be inclusive for all club members..

it does not mean we are not ambitious,  both as a club  and on an  individual level as we all want to rise through the ranks , and improve our playing. There will be premium events of course but the emphasis will be on ' competitive serious  fun '!  Winning is fun too  folks, and  i do not lack ambition.

This is my first shot at running a CC , and would appreciate any advice or ideas that can help me make this venture a success.

stay safe folks macscrubbler

ps on the subject of serious players the Ibis GC is one of the very best run out there.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Oct 5 2014 5:11 AM

Good Luck,Mac.

You might want to post in the Country Club Corner. That`s where players look for CC`s

• macscrubbler
    1,790 Posts
    Sun, Oct 5 2014 10:12 AM

Thank  you my friend.. i did call for advice and hope others will take your lead and give me the necessary advice   i will need to make this venture  successful. 

stay safe and  well folks

mac

RSS