Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ranking

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 1 2014 9:44 AM (8 replies)
  • FreckleThunder
    48 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:14 PM

just made master 66.8 played my first game shot even parr went up to a score of 72...now I have to start all over again.could you explain why my score went to 72 from 66.8 on even  parr.

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2014 11:27 AM

When reaching a new tier all your games begin to count again. It is possible that one of your scores was a 37 which is why you saw it up to 72. 

-WGTyphoon

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2014 11:37 AM
    2 x 36 is 72. It'll soon come down again.
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2014 1:21 PM

Even par is not a constant number.

Some courses are par 70, some are par 71, and some are par 72.

By the same token each 9 can have a different par. Olympic is a classic example in that each 9 has different par. One Olympic 9 has a par that is 2 strokes higher than the other 9.

When you move up a tier your stroke average is based on zero scores until you play a ranked round and post your first score at the new tier.

The first score you posted at the Master tier was a 36 you shot on the front 9 at Kiawah. As pointed out above, 2 x 36 = 72, and that became your Master tier stroke average.

It takes 40 ranked rounds to 'saturate' your Master tier stroke average. So until you post 40 ranked round scores your stroke average can go both up and down based on the initial 40 scores you have at the Master tier. With score #41 your score average will no longer be able to go up. It will only stay the same, or go down if you make a ranked round score that is lower than your stroke average.

NOTE: In some types of multiplayer games (Match Play Challenges for example), wins against higher tier opponents can also lower your score average but WGT does not say by how much.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2014 2:08 PM

FreckleThunder:

just made master 66.8 played my first game shot even parr went up to a score of 72...now I have to start all over again.could you explain why my score went to 72 from 66.8 on even  parr.

It may be a blessing. When my ave. hit 60, I made TL and was not aware that my ave. would re-set. I so wanted a 59.XX, anything below 60. I played again and shot a 27, and almost fainted to see a 54.00 ave...I played again, shot 26, and it got worse (lower). It was, I suppose, a bit like a young, de-flowered maiden getting a new cherry. 

For now, I'm coveting & deholden to it...for a while.... I soon will tap my heels together and recite "there's no place like home, there's no place like home" then come home to where I belong....in the home of a 62-64 ave.  ~ SP ~  

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2014 2:33 PM

FreckleThunder:
    I have to start all over again.

Keep in mind that you don't play for an average but

solely for fun!!!

Wish you a big pile of it!

• FreckleThunder
    48 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2014 8:51 PM

thank you for your help   just took long to get to that tier too it all again.

• FreckleThunder
    48 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2014 8:53 PM

fun all the time....it's just I finally got to wear big boy pants just lost my head...it's back now,,THANK YOU

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 9:44 AM

Ah yes good catch. My math is not that great apparently. 

-WGTyphoon

RSS