Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What's the crack?

Sat, Nov 6 2010 5:44 PM (5 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 10:54 AM

Seems to me people can intentionally hit a bad shot so that on the next tee they can hit play their real game land close to the pin and claim double points....kinda ruins a fair game IMHO.

cheers

tbe

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:49 PM

I thought so as well but I think it keeps you interested. Usually if you hit water you almost always done for. Now if you hit water and next shot is very good, you can recover.

Remember, it's a points syste and if you know the rules, you can maximize points by other means.

-icon

• vinyl
    44 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:05 PM

WGTicon:
    I think it keeps you interested

lol hummm good one icon

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:28 PM

just seems wierd that some people would try to win the game by what seems like cheating to me. golf's meant to be about fairplay lol.

it's just as well preferred lies isn't able,  else you'd have people picking up and replacing balls out of the rough as they wish too.

anyway.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 4:35 PM

thebigeasy707:

just seems wierd that some people would try to win the game by what seems like cheating to me. golf's meant to be about fairplay lol.

it's just as well preferred lies isn't able,  else you'd have people picking up and replacing balls out of the rough as they wish too.

anyway.

If everyone knows the rules why do you say it's not fair way? It involves risk and reward. Sometime when I want to hit water, slight mistake and I hit rough :) and so on.

-icon

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 5:44 PM

surely if everyone during a blitz round was to start taking drivers out for a 50 yard tee shot so that they can get double points on the next green for a real effort, then isn't that making a mockery of this game? I say it is...but that's only my opinion.

RSS