Forums

Help › Forums

Re: wgt updates,or green maintenance

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 12 2014 1:09 PM (3 replies)
  • ekka
    26 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 12:07 AM

all that means to me i cant play,i know the northern hemisphere is asleep and that is the best time to do it,but dont take my daily bonus away in australia because i cant play wtf,tried 3 times to play,you know the maitenance photo shot,everytime.we might be out of your major money aspirations but hold on,this has happened to me everytime there is updates,it doesnt hurt the north,they are sleeping

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 10:04 AM

You do know you only have to play one hole to retain your daily bonus, don't you?.....an I don't mean one hole of a 9 hole round then quit. You can play just a single hole as a mini practise round.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 10:29 AM

ekka:
    it doesnt hurt the north,they are sleeping

Not everyone in   the northern Hemisphere sleeps at that time. I work nights and my normal nights off are Wednesday and Thursday and i play a lot from around 1:00 am American central time.And as most if not all of their updates are on Wednesday night/Thursday morning I am off work wanting to play.But I can't play much at all when they have an update either but I always manage to get to play at least 1 hole to get my consecutive day bonus. I am now at 887 days. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 1:09 PM

ekka:
    i know the northern hemisphere is asleep

Nope - the night wonders from East to West, in North and South alike. You have the same day&night times than certain parts of Russia. Remember the time zones along the lines of latitude?

Also, maintenance and update times are far off the CDP day steps - the former being about 12 am PST, the latter at UTC or Zulu time, formerly Greenwich Mean Time, usually 8 hours apart.

I leave the calculations for Australian times up to you, it's easier than from the antipode :)

But, if you always play on the same side of UTC and avoid the deep night in California, you will be as safe as possible concerning the CDP.

But remember: It's but a number, one of the least significant numbers of this site ;)

Happy hitting!

RSS