Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Survey Madness

Tue, Jan 13 2015 8:48 AM (4 replies)
  • JDavidL
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jan 12 2015 11:30 AM

You got to love it when you complete a 20 minute survey and at the end you're told they have closed the survey because they met their quota. Why didn't it inform you before you spent all the time answering their questions. I don't normally rant about this, but this isn't the first time. Just felt the need to vent.

Thanks WGT....

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Jan 12 2015 3:47 PM

I want to give you a little background on market research; market researchers administer surveys to users in hopes of reaching specific demographics of people.  If you do not meet the specific niche they are looking for, you will get screened out or disqualified.  They look at anything from age, geographic location, gender, interests, products you've recently bought, how big your family is, ethnicity, etc.  Advertisers can also limit the number of respondents they want to participate in a specific survey, so if this number is reached you will receive a "closed" message when attempting to open it.  

Surveys also work in real time, meaning you can get disqualified/screened out at any point of the survey; your answers are never taken unless you are fully qualified and are credited.  Some companies give users a small amount of points for attempting a survey, but this is not a requirement and not every researcher does this.  Moving forward, please expect to be screened out of surveys as this is part of the process. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jan 12 2015 9:13 PM
    Survey companys should be obliged to pay for our time. Whether they use the information or not is irrelevant.
  • 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Mon, Jan 12 2015 9:28 PM

When doing surveys be honest, let the chips fall where they may, the more surveys you try will allow the companys to get familiar  with your profile.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Jan 13 2015 8:48 AM

Taking screen-shots of your progression helps when you want to file a ticket or complaint. You never know if the redirect is going to fail or disqualify you at 99%.

I have been successful in a couple complaints when sending screen-shots when payouts have gone south.

RSS