Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How long for a sub-30 score?

Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:50 AM (53 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:02 PM

Hello all. Yoda is back once again with another milestone. I guess I just can't let this thread die. lol. So I have shot a 28 and a 29 on a few occasions. Generally happens on St. Andrews. Well, I have been trying to avoid that course lately. I still play it from time to time, but I know I can shoot well there so i have been trying to focus my attention on other courses. I have seen other people on here shoot 27 and 26 even a 25 on a 9 hole game. So I thought, why can't I do that? I know I am capable of doing it. I like to think that I have a pretty decent knowledge of all the courses. (Cabo not included). So my goal for the past few weeks was to shoot below a 28 on a course other than St. Andrews. Well last night I did just that. I was playing a 9 hole ranked stroke play game with two of my CC friends. We played the back 9 of Congressional! Now Congressional has been the second hardest course for me to play on. Oakmont being the first. But the stars were in alignment I guess and I birdied every hole, but the 14th. After making par on the 14th, I was sitting at -4 and figured I would start to level off and maybe even bogey a hole or two. But I ended up birdieing the rest of the way and finished at -8 (27)!!! (Scorecard on my profile) Very proud of that score so I thought I would share. Next goal is a 57 or lower over 18 holes. I got a feeling that one is going to take much longer to achieve. 

Master Yoda

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 10:35 AM

11-21-2010:

SgtDoodles:

My best round is 32 on Kia Island back 9.

08-30-2011:

My first sub-30 score is 28 on Royal St. George's back 9.

10-15-2011:

My best round is 27 on Bethpage front 9.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 6:15 AM

JaLaBar:
    My best 9 holes in any forum came on the back 9 of my best 18 ever.  I shot a lackadaisical 31 on the front 9 of the RSG qualifier, almost restarted but decided to finish it out, then dropped a 27 on the back 9 for a 58 which sadly missed qualifying by a stroke.

JaLaBar:
    The Ketel was my best score in relation to par, but I count the SA -13 as my best in relation to par.  My best independent 9 holes is -7 at SA, Congressional, and BPB.

Shot my best score in relation to par a couple weeks ago... -14 58 on Kiawah from the Legend tees.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:50 AM

JaLaBar:
    Shot my best score in relation to par a couple weeks ago... -14 58 on Kiawah from the Legend tees.

Excellent score fella!!! Most impressive!!! Now, what is it about Kiawah that my best there is just a 62. I just can't seem to figure that course out. I know I can shoot below a 60. But for whatever reason I just can't seem to put together an excellent round like that. Oh well. I'll keep trying. Congratulations on that 58!!! Most impressive once again.

Master Yoda

RSS