Forums

Help › Forums

Re: consistency

Fri, Dec 18 2015 1:12 AM (28 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 5:35 AM

Crazy3:

Here is what I believe after reading several posts on the issue, as well as my own experience.

I believe that  for some players the VEM is much higher. There are times, when either VEM is turned off, or.......it is working for me, but...those times are not very often.

So, for all of you non believers that them is much more of a factor for some players - good for you - I would suggest that you are one of the lucky ones. For others, if we want to play the game  we have to put up with it. However, I would suggest to those like myself just don't play any games for money/credits unless you feel luck (And then I would suggest that you buy a lottery ticket)

Maybe you should go read the VEM patent (google it), you obviously have no clue what it is.

You're a legend with a 72+ average, come back when you have taken 12 strokes off that. Then, and only then, you may experience a little touch of VEM.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 7:37 AM

The deviations do exist, some will say they haven't seen them but they are there and they do happen.  I had dialogue with Chad a couple of years ago about the consistency and the deviations and one of the things I asked him about was deviations occurring even when a shot it dinged and supposedly hit perfect, all other factors being considered and adjusted for.  His response was even if you hit the ding they can still occur.  

I can understand that from his perspective in attempting to create some realism in the game.  His contention is that in real golf you can't hit the same exact shot repeatedly and get the same result every time IRL, so why should you do that here.  I agree with him on that point, within reason.

Some of the variations I have seen are not within reason.  When there is significant difference in results (5 to 20 yards) then something is wrong.  Needless to say, it's still the best game in town even with all it's nuances and glitches.  I do wish they would focus on fixing some of the issues the game has instead of releasing things like new speeds for the greens that are totally unrealistic.  (I thought WGT was trying to improve realism).

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 8:38 AM

phiber:
    The deviations do exist......  His response was even if you hit the ding they can still occur.  

Yes deviations do occur, just not often enough that they would stop anyone getting to TL and have a mid 50's average.

The ones doing the complaining (mostly) should look to learning the game and improve their skills. Crying like a baby in the forum (not you phiber) will not take any strokes from their averages.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 10:27 AM

PaulTon:

phiber:
    The deviations do exist......  His response was even if you hit the ding they can still occur.  

Yes deviations do occur, just not often enough that they would stop anyone getting to TL and have a mid 50's average.

The ones doing the complaining (mostly) should look to learning the game and improve their skills. Crying like a baby in the forum (not you phiber) will not take any strokes from their averages.

I sort of agree with you PaulTon, but I guess I look at it differently.  The forum is a place where they can post what they think about the game and it could be perceived as whining or crying in their beer....I guess I used to be not only guilty of that but thought the same thing about it.  Now, after going through what I went through for the past year, I look at it as maybe they are just reaching out for some help or direction  about what to do with deviations in the game.  a lot of those answers are here and a lot of great advice given by lots of nice and helpful people.

Not slamming you or anyone else, just offering my POV

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 1:52 PM

Crazy3:

I believe that  for some players the VEM is much higher. There are times, when either VEM is turned off, or.......it is working for me, but...those times are not very often.

And you would be wrong about it being turned off, it is always on, however, if you bought the R11 irons today and upgraded all your clubs to the best available at your level, you would be amazed at how much less it affects you...

This is a business..they say the VEM affects you more the better you get, and higher your tier is, to make the game more realistic, and I don't believe that. I think it forces you to buy better clubs in order to get better results plain and simple, and I get that, it's business! The clubs with high accuracy ratings, more forgiveness, etc. are not all that affected by VEM...

When you improve your avg., tier up, better course knowledge, and have the best clubs crazy3, you will see what I mean, you can figure out what you did wrong on most if not all the bad shots...

Not saying there isn't anymore WTF shots, there is, but it's usually a glitch(most likely on your end), not VEM, and WGT goes above and beyond to make it right with you when that happens.

• ErnieGalletta
    23 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 6:18 AM

thanks everyone for your comments. good to hear from experienced players. game is great, and for a few bucks to buy cool stuff, lots of fun. I'm starting to like the wind. lol.

• ErnieGalletta
    23 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 12:22 PM

wish I could play more, maybe that would help. but can't learn anything that you can take to your next shot due to inconsistency. almost seems like someone is on the other side of the screen screwing with you.

• ErnieGalletta
    23 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2015 8:26 AM

fix the jittery meter bozos

• WonkyDriver777
    21 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2015 1:12 AM

Well being fairly new to the forums - mainly come here to find answers and tips etc on how to improve my game - I find this very interesting as I too have wondered why some days I can play a magnificent game and the following or a few days later will play an absolutely crap horrid round even though am still hitting close to or on the ding, and why sometimes a shot - recorded for future reference - played well and on near identical spot next time will behave differently.

Well now I know :D it's all about the realism i.e VEM being applied.

But I do find this information interesting

lee22sharon:

, went to maxthion cloud, i now have a near perfect swing meter.

Can anyone verify that using a specific browser does help in reducing the amount of meter jitter?

And if so - which browser would you suggest is the best one to make use of as I have mainly played with FF

Thanks

RSS